RIP Tom Petty..

Man, I just need this day to stop! Enough already! Man this sucks in every way possible. We play a bunch of his songs, they are just well crafted songs. I’m just pissed right now, just found my brother in law has cancer today too, enough, enough, enough

One thing for sure in all this... Professional journalism is totally dead...

The (Objective) fourth estate died in 92-93, but that's another topic.

Regardless of his current status, this will not have a happy ending. A true American Icon who contributed
so much to our musical lexicon. Yet another sad day among many.

Invariably, when dialing in cleanish tones, I find myself playing the "Breakdown" riff...
Tomorrow at practice, we will spark one up for Tom and and play all the Petty we know...with a very heavy heart...

Latest news seems to be that they have taken him off life support. No brain activity.

An enormous artist who had an ear for a hook inside his own style. The greatest artists you recognize regardless if you know the song.

Incredibly prolific songwriter. Fought through years of demons (as have we all), and has left us a catalog of great songs that have spanned 50 years. A life well spent.

Thank you Tom.

R

Terrible over there today and Tom's passing just makes it worse.
So sorry - Accept our thoughts from downunder.
Pauly

This is so surreal to me. Had the pleasure of seeing him perform 2 weeks ago as of yesterday. Headliner of the last day of the KAABOO music festival in Del Mar, California. Such an amazing show. I'll have the memories and the pictures I took. Still difficult to believe he has gone.

We have four Tom Petty songs in our band's repertoire. Looks like we'll be doing all four back-to-back as a tribute at the gig this Saturday, and likely for a number of gigs into the future.

RIP Mr. Petty, you left us far, far too soon. Loved you, your music, and your band....you were one of the 'real' ones...thanks for the music and you will be missed...

Invariably, when dialing in cleanish tones, I find myself playing the "Breakdown" riff...

Since my Ultra days I've always dialed in a preset that emulates the tone in the opening riff of "You Wreck Me" and gauge the results by playing the simple D, A, E chords in the intro. A great sound and a preset I lean on a fair bit...that specific tone is one of my standards.

Back
Top Bottom