RIP Tina Turner

Rick Beato has paid a great tribute to her in a recent video, I’d say it is even a bit emotional. Many music heroes for us that are 50 or above are vanishing, that is many references to some caring memories from so long ago…

but the guitar solo is by Jeff Beck, which Mark hated. He said it was one of the worst solo's ever.
Actually he said it was “the worlds second ugliest guitar solo”. Gee I wonder what Mr. Knopfler thinks is the worst? Kind of a crappy thing to say about a fellow guitarist. I have a suspicion there’s more to this story. I always felt the whole song and definitely the video was sort of creepy.

Maybe this was the session Tim Pierce talks about Jeff Beck rolling in with a guitar he just bought from a local music store and was still in the box and didn’t bother to tune it and just laid down the solo. Who knows…all gossip I guess.

Actually he said it was “the worlds second ugliest guitar solo”. Gee I wonder what Mr. Knopfler thinks is the worst? Kind of a crappy thing to say about a fellow guitarist. I have a suspicion there’s more to this story. I always felt the whole song and definitely the video was sort of creepy.

Maybe this was the session Tim Pierce talks about Jeff Beck rolling in with a guitar he just bought from a local music store and was still in the box and didn’t bother to tune it and just laid down the solo. Who knows…all gossip I guess.
It did seem a little weak for Beck but I've definitely heard worse

It did seem a little weak for Beck but I've definitely heard worse
Perhaps Jeff Beck did both the second worst and the Worst according to Knopfler :D

Remember reading about that "second worst solo" and thought it wasnt really Jeff Beck but rather producer that wanted something "special" and didn't gave Jeff Back much room.

Perhaps Jeff Beck did both the second worst and the Worst according to Knopfler :D

Remember reading about that "second worst solo" and thought it wasnt really Jeff Beck but rather producer that wanted something "special" and didn't gave Jeff Back much room.
Yeah there’s definitely something off about it that’s beyond the playing

It was probably a "tongue in cheek" response. Mark does seem to have a dry sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom