RIP Roy Clark

This is the record my folks had growing up. I wore it out. Their hopes were that some day I would play guitar like him. I never had a chance!

RoyClark.jpg

May perpetual light shine upon you Roy .

Phenomenal guitar player and entertainer.

Check out his guest appearance on the "Odd Couple" back in the 70s!

Knockout tune!

A beast of a player and always had that mischievous grin like he was getting away with something the whole time he played. Wish he could've been in the public eye a bit more after Hee Haw ended. So much talent. RIP Mr. Clark.

Roy Clark is my all time favorite guitarist. As mentioned earlier, he debuted before there were gimmicks and electronic wizardry. It was just Roy his guitar and his amp. He was amazing! He is the reason I learned to play guitar.

He was awesome, only thing as a kid I ever liked about hee haw, and I hate country; he literally ruled

Awesome player and a great guy....RIP. Loved to watch him play on Hee-Haw and truly one of the greatest guitarists ever. I could listen to him for hours and am always awed by his technique and musicality. Immeasurable talent...sad to see him go.

Like they used to say on Hee-Haw....Saaaaalute!

Ugh. That blows. Didn’t know a thing about it , until I read it here.

.....what a talent. Like you guys have said here already above , the man could make anything with strings - sing.
I didn’t expect to see so much appreciation for Roy on this forum ( like I have ) ; but then again , I should have figured as much. I seem to fit in around here pretty well - most of the time. RIP Roy.

Back
Top Bottom