RIP Prince...

annus horribilis

abstract-symbol-01.jpg

RIP, little big genius

Prince's guitar tech, Takumi, has worked with us quite a bit in the past and I asked him about this particular performance. He said after sound check, Prince cranked his amp up and told Takumi to tape the knobs in place and rig the power cable so it couldn't be unplugged. As you can tell from the facial expressions of everyone else on stage, no one knew he was going to do that or play as long as he did. He just went and made his own magical moment and allowed himself to feel the music.

It truly is a sad day for music.

RIP Prince. He was way too young to leave us. I always thought it was cool he was only 5' 2" tall and I'm about the same height because when I was younger I thought I looked goofy playing guitar because it was almost the same size as me haha

This sucks so much...I feel so lucky to have seen him live twice, the first time on the Dirty Mind tour, and years later as well...I think Chicago was the first city (besides Minneapoils) to break him big on radio.....

Speechless.. this was a total shock to hear about over lunch break. I grew up on Prince and hold him in very high regard.. "numb" is a good description for me at the moment..

I think that version of While my Guitar gently weeps is one of the best I've ever seen !

I think it showcases the true fire and passion he had in him, even if it didn't necessarily speak to me in some of the other stuff he wrote ....

His talent was undeniable ....

And no way to prove this ..., but he was quite possibly the last person alive that actually took guitar lessons from Jimi Hendrix ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom