RIP Meat Loaf

Another one is gone.
Remember Rocky Horror Picture Show, Roadie, Waynes World.
Not a big fan of his music but everybody known him, even in germany.

Just saw the news. Sad news. Meatloaf, John Steinman and Todd Rundgren made an all time classic Rock & Roll album

RIP
Marvin Lee Aday
aka Meatloaf

I remember listening to Bat Out of Hell, over and over. Paradise by the Dashboard Light was so much fun to sing along to. What a great album.

Last edited:
Just saw the news. Sad news. Meatloaf, John Steinman and Todd Rundgren made an all time classic Rock & Roll album

RIP
Marvin Lee Aday
aka Meatloaf

Jim Steinman. Yeah always sad news when a big name on the landscape passes on. In all honesty I never liked his music and I wasn't a fan, never the less, I appreciate what he did in music and the impact he had.

I was barely seventeen
And I once killed a boy with a fender guitar
I don't remember if it
Was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster
But I do remember that it had a heart
Of chrome, and a voice like a horny angel
I don't remember if it
Was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster
But I do remember that it wasn't at all easy
It required the perfect combination
Of the right power chords
And the precise angle from which to strike!
The guitar bled for about a week afterwards
And the blood was zoot
Dark and rich, like wild berries
The blood of the guitar was Chuck Berry red
The guitar bled for about a week afterwards
But it rung out beautifully
And I was able to play notes
That I had never even heard before

Man, no one will ever put anything like that on a record again.

RIP Meat.

Jim Steinman. Yeah always sad news when a big name on the landscape passes on. In all honesty I never liked his music and I wasn't a fan, never the less, I appreciate what he did in music and the impact he had.
Yeah it was real American music. Too many haters in the world to appreciate it. It immortalized a time that never existed in most the world and will never exist again In America.

The old Bat out of Hell poster was my first my first exposure to Meat Loaf. I had no idea what Meat Loaf would sound like but, if it sounded like it looked on that poster then, it has to be bad ass! While the album wasn't as "heavy" as I was expecting from the poster/cover art, I was still no less impressed. Great music, clever yet hilarious lyrics and a great voice to tell the stories of adventurous, misspent youth. Still one of my favorite albums to this day and it still takes me back to the days of my youth. Gonna miss ya Meat! R.I.P.

I saw him live a few times over the decades. He put on a hell of a show. Insane energy, and had the audience in the palm of his hand. Great performer. Meatloaf and Steinman left an undeniable mark on rock history. RIP big guy.

His name was Robert Paulson.

Bonus BS: Jim Steinman once threw a heavy & glass ashtray at my head. It exploded on the wall to my right. Real nice guy...
That’s pretty cool!

I’ve always thought that I’d know if I made it big if Ritchie Blackmore would say something rude about me.

I saw him live a few times over the decades. He put on a hell of a show. Insane energy, and had the audience in the palm of his hand. Great performer. Meatloaf and Steinman left an undeniable mark on rock history. RIP big guy.
Never got to see him live in person, but I became a fan in the 90’s when he came back. I’m a metal head so most of my friends didn’t get my love of the music. I listen to The Bat Out of Hell album in full at least once a year, for the last two days I’ve been Meatloaf festing, every syllable out of his mouth is drenched in emotion.

Back
Top Bottom