RIP : Keith Emerson

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
http://www.jambase.com/article/legendary-keyboardist-keith-emerson-died

One of the harshest years for the loss of legendary musicians continued today as English keyboardist and composer Keith Emerson has died. The news was revealed by his Emerson, Lake & Palmer bandmate Carl Palmer via a Facebook post from the drummer’s manager. According to the post, Keith Emerson passed away last night in Santa Monica at the age of 71.

Keith Emerson is best known for his run with Emerson, Lake & Palmer, one of the music world’s first true super groups and one of the ’70s most critically and commercially successful prog rock acts. The trio – which also featured Palmer and Greg Lake – released such iconic albums as 1970’s Emerson, Lake & Palmer, 1971’s Tarkus and 1973’s Brain Salad Surgery. ELP formed in 1970 and parted ways in 1979.

What a year.

always sad to hear of anyone's passing.

rock and similar style music boomed in the 60s and 70s. you'd guess the artists were around their 20s or so at that point. in 2016, a 20-something in the 60s would now be in their 70s or even older... time moves on.

Yeah, it seems every month another icon of the era is gone. Glad we had such great music that we actually rue these moments, but the regularity of loss has been surprising. RIP K.E.

I've always been a guitarist...and have a background in classical music. Also, as long as I can remember I've been an ELP fan. I was so inspired with Keith Emerson, along with Greg Lake and Carl Palmer (ELP) that I named by 1974 Dodge Van "Tarkus"... I will miss hearing his Keyboard playing...he was amazing! R.I.P.

Damn. 2016 has been rough. Lots of death. But it's also a reminder that artists who were once young are now old. And that means...gulp...I'm getting up there too. :flushed:

As a toddler I found his work on the first movement of Tarkus, "Eruption," to be world shaking. I am truly saddened by this loss.

Listening and watching him playing Brain Salad Surgery live at the Colosseum was an incredible experience, on board computer and all.. in Quad Sound. They had four giant towers of speakers- one for each corner of the room. The parts sounds had a 3D sound effect where parts swirled and spiraled in space. It was a truly awesome way to present BSS live.

Sad day, yet again. Bowie, Lemmy hit me hard and it seems the greats just keep falling in 2016. I hope that's the end of the hemorrhaging, 'cause it's starting to get out of control.

Back
Top Bottom