RIP John Lennon

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing 30 years ago when my friend called me with the news that John was dead. I still can't believe it.

First record I ever bought was "Eight Days a Week" on a 45.
He was the reason I wanted to play guitar in the first place.

I remember seeing a video where a crazy guy was stalking him at his place in England. Some homeless dude hiding in the woods and yelling at the house all day. John went out and brought him into his home and the first question he asked the guy was "are you hungry". He fed him and then spent about 10 minutes trying to explain to the guy that his songs were general and not about anyone in particular. This guy was going crazy thinking that Beatles songs were written about his life. So sad that this quality in John led to his death.

In 1990 I sat in a carriage parked at Strawberry Fields in Central Park and polished off a bottle of champagne with my girlfriend. Wish I was there tonight.

Miss you John. Thank you for all the beauty and inspiration you brought into my life.

.... I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride
Something touched me deep inside the day the music died ....

I know, American Pie was not written about John Lennon, but to me, that's what it has turned into.

JWW

John who?

Just kidding... I only got into the Beatles several years ago... best melodies in the world!

Xrocker said:
I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing 30 years ago when my friend called me with the news that John was dead. I still can't believe it.

First record I ever bought was "Eight Days a Week" on a 45.
He was the reason I wanted to play guitar in the first place.

I remember seeing a video where a crazy guy was stalking him at his place in England. Some homeless dude hiding in the woods and yelling at the house all day. John went out and brought him into his home and the first question he asked the guy was "are you hungry". He fed him and then spent about 10 minutes trying to explain to the guy that his songs were general and not about anyone in particular. This guy was going crazy thinking that Beatles songs were written about his life. So sad that this quality in John led to his death.

In 1990 I sat in a carriage parked at Strawberry Fields in Central Park and polished off a bottle of champagne with my girlfriend. Wish I was there tonight.

Miss you John. Thank you for all the beauty and inspiration you brought into my life.

I remember as a teenager waiting outside a winter-gardens to see the swinging blue jeans
a new group from Liverpool ' when a bunch of guys in leather jackets were arguing with the doorman who said-no tie's no entry! but we are mates of the group said one , tough' said door troll. As they walked away the leader said we'll never play this dump' We won't want you said door thickie' . And Lo' it came to pass that three weeks later when THE BEATLES hit the charts with LOVE ME DO' that the management tried to book them and were told
GET STUFFED!! :D for it had been John Lennon who spoke those words and the leather lads
the very group. And they never did play the venue. :lol: :lol:

I was 13 when this happened. After I left for school the next AM, Beatles and Lennon songs filled a tape I normally left on to record an AM comedy show. That tape inspired me to learn to play.

John would probably have an Ultra (why not) and use it to process his voice as well as guitar.

Back
Top Bottom