RIP Gary Richrath

Stephen13

Inspired
REO Speedwagon guitarist Gary Richrath dies

I can't believe this is the same guy. So sad.
maxresdefault.jpg

Heard it from a friend who.....heard it from a friend who.....heard it from another he's been messing with drugs!

Very good & tasty underrated player! Loved watching him "ride the storm out" on his Les Paul in those live REO vids on MTV back in the day.......He(& many others) made me wanna play!

R.I.P.

Sad day for sure... if only he could have gone on a detox diet we might of had him around for another 15 years or so.

Heard it from a friend who.....heard it from a friend who.....heard it from another he's been messing with drugs!

Very good & tasty underrated player! Loved watching him "ride the storm out" on his Les Paul in those live REO vids on MTV back in the day.......He(& many others) made me wanna play!

R.I.P.
I see what you did there.

That was about the only REO song that ever found its way to Dutch airwaves, but it was a great song! I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with them.
Still. RIP.

Oh darn! I had that album on vinyl! Hi Infidelity! I played it hundreds of times and have forgotten all about it! There was one other song that I remember was on the radio on that album. Wow, so sad to see what happened to him.

Last edited:
He had that awesome sustaining ringing tone like Neil Schon, I couldnt get without tons of gain, still today.

Back in the day (1981), i got a band together at my school to play for our homecoming talent show. We played the live version of "Ridin' the Storm Out" - and won!

Over the years played lots of different REO songs in bands, like Roll with the Changes, Time For Me to Fly, Keep Pushin', Flying Turkey Trot, Take it on the Run, Keep on Loving You, I Do' Wanna Know, and others.

Gary Richrath was one of my favorite guitarists when I starting out playing guitar back in 1979.

R.I.P. Gary Richrath.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom