• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

RIP EVH

MikeD

Inspired
So sad. He was only 65. A tremendous influence on my guitar journey.
I didn't even know he was sick. Talk about a gut punch. I really still can't believe it.

Toopy14

Fractal Fanatic
Watched the episode of Two and a Half Men last night, when Charlie was in the recording studio with Mia and Eddie walks out of the bathroom with his guitar and fires off a lick...too funny!

Sad day indeed! :(

guitvai1

Inspired
2020 is the worst year ever! Still remember the first time I heard Van Halen 1, and still influenced by all those licks.

Solarfire

Experienced
Absolutely speechless, didn’t see that one coming! The biggest inspiration in my musical career, still remember that jaw-dropping moment back in 78, the first time I heard eruption (amongst others), one of the biggest tipping-points in rock history, especially for tone hunting guitarists. RIP Eddie and my deepest condolences to family.

WITELITE

Experienced
I remember where I was when I heard You Really Got Me. And then I bought the album and before I got to You Really Got Me I had to pickup the needle and replay Eruption with a "What the Fuck Was That" expression on my face. I had a similar reaction when I bought Fair Warning and couldn't get past the Mean Streets intro. And then heard Push Comes to Shove on the same album.

The guy was constantly innovating. There will never be another like him.

This one is hard to process.

Top Bottom