RIP Dumble

Damn - that's a stage full of talent!

Is that Andy Wood 2nd from the right? And the Music Is Win guy far right?

Otherwise, I think I see:

Greg Koch
Andy Timmons
Mark Lettieri
Robben Ford
Unknown bassist
Brent Mason

Correct on all counts!

Bass is a guy named Dan Kimbro, pretty well known in the bluegrass world...drummer is Jim Riley who is a Nashville session guy and also the touring drummer for Rascal Flatts.

Not shown but the second night saw Ben Eller and Lari Basilio added to that lineup. Definitely a fantastic time :)

Correct on all counts!

Bass is a guy named Dan Kimbro, pretty well known in the bluegrass world...drummer is Jim Riley who is a Nashville session guy and also the touring drummer for Rascal Flatts.

Not shown but the second night saw Ben Eller and Lari Basilio added to that lineup. Definitely a fantastic time :)
Nice! What was that event?

Here is what EJ posted today on FB re: Alexander Dumble:
"There was a very special time in my life for me when my manager and friend, Joe Priesnitz and I moved to Los Angeles. Actually, we lived in Toluca Lake right outside of Hollywood. I was being groomed by Warner Bros. in the intent to eventually make a record for them so we were looking for producers, running through song ideas, and generally just putting the music together for an eventual album entitled “Tones”.
My friends Christopher Cross and Richard Mullen were jubilantly praising how wonderful Alexander Dumble’s amps.were; that’s where I first heard about Alexander. They suggested that I meet him and procure an amp eventually.
Alexander worked in a space over at the Abbey rehearsal studios and I have such fond memories of going over there and talking tone and inspirational visions of music. Alexander had a wonderful passion for music and sound and guitar tone. I would always leave there so excited; kind of like when CS Lewis and J.R. Tolkien would get together and rev each other up to go be artistic on their own after their meeting and do their best work.
I was lucky and honored to be able to play an amp made by Alexander; actually two amps.. The song, “Zap”, on the record “Tones”, was recorded on an overdrive special and Roscoe Beck’s 335 Gibson. The Steel String Singer that I eventually got from Alexander was such a magical amp, there’s been nothing quite like it since.
I regret that I let go of it many years ago during a period when I was going through a traumatic time in my life suffering from loud exposure and thought that I would never, never want to be around or play through an amp of that caliber of wattage. It was one of my shortcomings not to have the insight to put it in the closet and wait for another graceful day when I could have figured out a way to use it, baffling speaker cabinets or using lower efficiency speakers or simply turning the master volume down!
I have such fond memories of Alexander and his genius, his passion and love for music and of course, his electronic brilliance.
He is one of a kind, they’ll never be another one like him. The music world gained an extra jewel of ability and dimension by playing electric guitar through his masterpieces."
May be an image of indoor

44 Comments
19 Shares

Back
Top Bottom