RIP Don Rickles

I used to watch those celebrity roasts back in the 70's, with my dad and I remember my dad literally in tears he was laughing so hard! So was I!! :)

I last saw him on a talk show, no that long ago and he was looking really frail. You could tell he was in a lot of pain, he could barely sit up straight enough to look at the audience. He was still as sharp as a tack though!

This video pretty much sums up his comedic genius!

Saw him years ago at the Van Wezel in Sarasota. One of a kind and he was full force, even in old age. He made fun of everybody and did it so well. This clip really is amazing at his talent and all the old Hollywood stars that attended. Truly a who's who of old Hollywood!

A comedic master. Could poke fun at anyone, but never mean-spirited or crass. Truly a fine line to tread, but Don Rickles did it with style. He was a great entertainer and stood among the giants of comedy (Skelton, Hope, Diller, Conway, Korman, Burnett) before it deteriorated into what passes for comedy today. He made people smile and laugh. A fine epitaph for anyone. RIP Don.

I can't forget one line he had:
Looks at a guy and says...so, how do you feel about two bald fat guys with hairy backs holding hands in a Turkish bath ? :)

The Humor - meh..I wouldn't want to watch it more than once.. The best part of the Letterman clip is the guitar playing duo in Paul Shafer's band at the end of the show. Check it out ( who are those two guitarists - they are jammin away!)

He was a laugh! At times it looked like he was going overboard but everyone was laughing! He was great!

The Humor - meh..I wouldn't want to watch it more than once.. The best part of the Letterman clip is the guitar playing duo in Paul Shafer's band at the end of the show. Check it out ( who are those two guitarists - they are jammin away!)

Sid McGinnis and Felicia Collins. It's in the credits at the end.

Back
Top Bottom