RIP Chuck Berry

One of the true legends and founder of the Rock and Roll style. Sad, but he did have a nice long life :)

RIP Chuck!

RIP Chuck. A legend if there ever was one.

I love the story Keith Richards tells about the time he picked up Chuck's guitar after a gig to strum a few chords. Berry ran up to him and says "Nobody touches my guitar" a clocked Richards right in the nose decking him. Rock & Roll baby!

"If you had to give Rock N Roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry" -John Lennon

RIP Mr. Berry...millions of guitar players are on a bended knee tonight. His influence cannot be overrated nor overstated. An end of an era...

So much music from decades gone is fantastic, but definitely belongs to its time. But some music seems to transcend time. Johnny B Goode would be as mind blowing if it were released for the first time today. Such energy, such technique. RIP.

If you wanna play rock and roll, some Chuck Berry has to be in your guitar DNA. In his prime, he heard a sound nobody else heard. His influence was so huge it is impossible to trace. RIP Mr. Berry. When I was a kid, I learned all of his chops, but of course that is the point. They were his chops.

Back
Top Bottom