RIP Chris Squire

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
Such a huge influence on the world of bass playing... both in and out of progressive rock. You will be missed!

It's sad. But you know there will another great on the other side when we all get there. R.I.P Chris.

Wow, huge loss for the bass guitar community and Yes fans alike. I have see Yes a few times and both were great shows!

A tough year for legendary bassists... Mike Porcaro, Andy Fraser, Louis Johnson, and now Chris Squire.
For me, yes made some of the greatest albums. Fragile, Close to the Edge, Going for the one, 90125..all classics. But not only that, Chris was a nice guy as well. RIP.

Massive influence to so many musicians, and a pioneer in terms of really turning the bass into a lead instrument.

Yes was a band that peaked before I was born yet very few other bands have had such a tremendous influence on me. RIP.

This news hit me hard. I still haven't quite processed it. Squire was one-of-a-kind and an innovator. A sad day.

He was instrumental in one of my all time favorite bands and made some of my all time favorite music. He's on my short list of bassists who were most influential to me. It was quite a shock that he passed so suddenly. I was really disappointed that he had to pull out of the tour for treatment (leukemia), but there was no sense that he was terminal by any means. I will miss him and his music dearly. I feel very fortunate to have seen him play live five times, most recently on his last major US tour a year ago.

How sad, yeah, incredibly influential and a game-changer when it came to tone, what I don't get is I just read it here first, okay, I've been on the road for the past week, but nbcnews.com has some blurb about the current (or no past) hired hand drummer for Journey facing charges and nothing on Chris Squire?!? Of course they seem to still have a story about snow falling on Little Rock Arkansas as "news" that's been up since sometime in February (would seem their ex-anchor that was rather prone to exaggeration are the least of the problems there).

RIP brother Chris and thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Back
Top Bottom