RIP Chester Bennington - Linkin Park

I'm normally not the type to get broken up when celebrities pass, but it is DUSTY in here today.

This the first time my kids and I have shared the heartache of losing a beloved musician. My kids are all late teens/early 20's...I introduced them to LP's music when they were younger, and LP has been one of our few shared musical interests ever since. Very sad day around here. If you struggle with the kind of dark thoughts that are laced throughout Chester's music, please get help.

Yeah. It's always my impression that many musicians write these dark songs because they want all that out of their heads. This time it clearly did not work.

I fear this is going to be another 'he went back on the drugs/booze' stories.

Last year was a kick in the bollox but this year it's personal.
Phenomenal singer and a genuinely legendary band. Hybrid Theory, a modern day Appetite For Destruction.
I don't like the recent album one tiny little bit but they earned their place in history.

Shocking news, and not a single mention of it on the BBC news at 10.They only mentioned Chris Cornell because his did the James Bond theme tune one year .....urgh

I sang a bit of "Shadow of the Day" at my gig last night. Hard to sing those words and only got through 1 verse and the chorus almost 2x. Saw some younger people stop walking and listen a bit. At least some people knew what I was singing. (Average age in the audience is 65+ or from other countries who don't listen to our pop.)

I've done WAY too many songs in-memory-of this year.

Reactions: yek
wow..so sad...the mix of his vocal style/talent with the music and rap was unique IMO.

Back
Top Bottom