RIP Charlie Watts

A class act and the metronome of the Stones for sure. Like the Beatles, you can't imagine the band without him. I love this clip of him doing All Down the Line. He's still got it but as you see in the end, it takes a lot to do this at 75 or 80.

RIP Charlie.

A class act and the metronome of the Stones for sure. Like the Beatles, you can't imagine the band without him. I love this clip of him doing All Down the Line. He's still got it but as you see in the end, it takes a lot to do this at 75 or 80.

RIP Charlie.

Love the way he's holding the stick very traditionally with his left hand. "Good old school", and how stabletrain-heavy rocking at that age.

Keith must have Tardigrade DNAView attachment 87545
Keith is actually a giga-tardigrade - very rare: they sacrifice 2 limbs and a couple thousand years life span to achieve their massive size, but they gain an added advantage of being able to metabolize - almost exclusively - all variations of alcohol and a number of drugs without any significant detriments.

Charlie was living proof that you can have a band where everybody does drugs, alcohol, weird shit, groupies, weird timings, but as long as the drummer is rock solid you will still have a good band. If your drummer is steady as a rock you can build a musical house on it that looks like it came straight out of the imaginations of R. Giger or Tim Burton.

Mr, Watts, you allowed history to happen. You may not have been the flashiest or most technical of drummers, but without you history would have been different. And probably a little more bland. I salute you!

The base of the Stones sound through it all. All class, leaving the (jumping Jack) flash to the others. RIP, Mr Watts, you'll be missed!

Back
Top Bottom