Ring Modulator won't bypass

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I haven't been using the FM3 much. It's my love rig. I have my first gig Saturday. I've been playing a lot of studio gigs and studio live streaming gigs but this is the first gig all year. I have the Axe Fx III installed in my rack at home. I imported some III presets I use to the FM3. I'm having a hard time getting the CPU under 85%.

Bug alert - There's one song I use the ring modulator on. It's fairly important to the song. The block is there but it won't bypass. What's going on? Is this just something that hasn't been checked because almost no one use ring modulator in FM3? CPU hovers around 79%. Everything else bypasses but not this. I'm using 3.03. beta. Latest editor. Catalina.

Could it be one of those little yellow dot modifier settings? Took me forever to figure out that thang ugh, Let us know what the fix was when you sort it out

Could it be one of those little yellow dot modifier settings? Took me forever to figure out that thang ugh, Let us know what the fix was when you sort it out
I do have a pedal assigned and not plugged in yet. Could that be it? On my other Fractal devices I can still bypass it even though there's a modifier attached.

I do have a pedal assigned and not plugged in yet. Could that be it? On my other Fractal devices I can still bypass it even though there's a modifier attached.
You should have the pedal assigned to it plugged in for it to work as well. Unless I am missing something.

You should have the pedal assigned to it plugged in for it to work as well. Unless I am missing something.
I have it plugged in now. However on my xe III, which this preset came from, I can have the pedal plugged in or not and I can still bypass it. Regardless of the scene selected where it is bypassed on the FM3 there's simply no way I can see to turn it off, pedal or not.

There's a setting to set the default value for a modifier if it's not plugged in. You can set it to 0% or 100% on the FM3 -- it's likely you have it set to default to 0% on the FM3 but 100% on the III -- which would explain the different behavior when the physical pedal isn't present on the two devices.

It's in the setup menu. Either under I/O or MIDI -- I can't recall right now.

Hm. I keep getting a timeout with FM3 Edit. I've tried plugging the USB cable directly into the computer instead of the hub. This I assume is the real problem. I'm looking for a different cable. But I have been using this same cable to plaug into keyboards.

I finally got it to recognize the software editor but ring modulator still doesn't respond. I have PC On. I've also tried off. I've tried various default numbers, if I'm understanding you correctly. But I noticed I had pedal 3 selected but I changed it to pedal 2. It's working. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom