Ring LEDs

m lebofsky

Experienced
Are the 4 LEDs that form each ring tied together, or will it be possible in the future to have them separately light up for a more granular view.

Are the 4 LEDs that form each ring tied together, or will it be possible in the future to have them separately light up for a more granular view.
Perhaps when both tap and hold functions are assigned to a switch, the top 2 ring segments could be for tap activated and the bottom 2 could be for hold activated. If the switch hold function is not used, then all 4 segments would represent tap activated.

Love this idea. Perhaps others may have a better idea of how to visualize, but currently I have two delays (Delay 1 and Delay 2) assigned to an FC-6 switch. Engage/bypass of Delay 1 is the tap function and Delay 2 is the hold function. On any given song, I may use one, the other, OR both delays simultaneously. Other than "hearing", there is no way to tell if Delay 2 is active. Or is there............?

Ohhh, it'd be neat if an amp/cab/effect could represent a channel too. You could get a lot of different combos, but the cognitive load might not be instantaneously recognize the states:

X = off
O = on

Code:
(each group of 4 just represents 1 light with 4 segments)

XX    OO    XX    OO    OX    XO    XO    OX
XX    OO    OO    XX    OX    XO    OX    XO

Stepping could do like this:
off   1     2     3     on
XX    XO    XO    XO    OO
XX    XX    XO    OO    OO

Ohhh, it'd be neat if an amp/cab/effect could represent a channel too. You could get a lot of different combos, but the cognitive load might not be instantaneously recognize the states:

X = off
O = on

Code:
(each group of 4 just represents 1 light with 4 segments)

XX    OO    XX    OO    OX    XO    XO    OX
XX    OO    OO    XX    OX    XO    OX    XO

Stepping could do like this:
off   1     2     3     on
XX    XO    XO    XO    OO
XX    XX    XO    OO    OO
Definitely not going to parse that in the heat of the gig :)

Back to my original question. Are all 4 segments one LED, or can they possibly be controlled individually?

One LED per ring.

Edit:

It might be one "controller" per ring, now that I think of it... But in any case, the segments can't operate independently.

Love this idea. Perhaps others may have a better idea of how to visualize, but currently I have two delays (Delay 1 and Delay 2) assigned to an FC-6 switch. Engage/bypass of Delay 1 is the tap function and Delay 2 is the hold function. On any given song, I may use one, the other, OR both delays simultaneously. Other than "hearing", there is no way to tell if Delay 2 is active. Or is there............?
Wonder if a "hold activated" blinking ring could be implemented?

Wonder if a "hold activated" blinking ring could be implemented?
There's an ee-nuque idea....

We know the LED ring can blink and we know the speed is controllable by the firmware code, courtesy of tap tempo function.

How would we want it to work?

Blink hold switch function color when hold switch function is activated?

What if tap is also activated? Alternate between tap and hold colors?

Alternate tap and hold colors in dim mode when both off?

Now that I am using an FC12 switch (HOLD) as a vol boost, it would be very nice to "see" that my hold is activated.
I just figured out the easy, natural fix.....

While holding the switch down, the little screen text changes to white on black background and shows the HOLD Label. When you let go of the switch, it reverts back to the TAP switch text (black on white background).

Solution: Simply don't revert the little screen back until you unhold ..... Leave the held white on black background HOLD label. PERFECT!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom