Right Side Is Louder Than Left?

CudBucket

Inspired
Hey guys. I run my Ultra in stereo into a Carvin DCM150 and 2 Port City OS 1x12 cabs. The right channel, is a little louder than the left. Yesterday I switched the speaker cables on the back of the power amp and the result was that the "louder" channel moved to the left. So it's not the cabs or the cable. The outputs on the Carvin are maxed. I used a very simply patch with only an amp sim to test this. Is there some global setting I'm missing? On the Mix tab of the patch, all the levels and balances for the rows of the matrix are centered. It's not a major difference but it was enough to notice that one side was louder than the other. At this point I'm guessing it's the amp.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave.

Have you tried connecting it to a computer or mixer to actually see levels from AxeFx?
As it is now it could be anything, your poweramp, one of your cabinets or even AxeFx,
try more options.

I believe I've read about this a few times and the Axe-Fx was the source.
Cliff admitted that it can happen and it it's due to tolerances in the analog output section, unavoidable.
You've to correct it at whatever the Axe-Fx is connected to.
Or set the balance at the patch's master mixer page.

EDIT: found Cliff's post. It's the answer to your question, Dave.

viewtopic.php?p=68114#p68114

Thanks for your responses! I really appreciate it. I have not tried running the Axe direct to my DAW yet. I'll do that ASAP to see what's actually coming from the Axe's outputs. If it's part of the design/hardware, in terms of differing tolerances, I'm cool with that. I just want to track it down. I'll read that link now as well.

Thanks again.

Dave

Just to follow up, I thought I'd mention that my issue appears to have been that my output level, on the Axe, was too low. I used to run the power amp dimed and the output know on the axe just cracked open. I now run the output on the Axe at about 50% and the have dropped the power amp output down to about 20%. Now the left and right are much closer to unity if not perfectly even.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom