Right Output of Axe Fx Ultra is louder than left

Igor Paspalj

Inspired
Like the title says. My Axe Fx right unbalanced output is louder than left. On Axe Fx Utiliity menu everything looks normal, showing same levels, but when I go trough DAW, in Cubase for example, you can see in audio activity it's louder. And it's pretty audible to. Is there any way to fix this, or?

Besides that it's audible, is the difference abnormally big (like WTF!?!) and persistent, no matter how the output knob is set?

If it's just minor and changes with the output knob, then it's normal (Cliff commented on that). From what I recall, it's unavoidable that the balance is not perfect all the way (due to the analog output poti) and you have to compensate at the mixing board, DAW or whatever the Axe-Fx goes into.

I had the same problem with my Ultra. But then it would fix itself. I had to adjust the levels on my mixer to compensate. I never found out what the problem was. I even started a tread on it.

Well, I tried only amp block and cab, without effects, and problem is the same. It's not a big difference, but it's audible.

@ original poster:

is the difference abnormally big (like WTF!?!) and persistent, no matter how the output knob is set?

If it's just minor and changes with the output knob, then it's normal (Cliff commented on that).

Checked that?

Back
Top Bottom