Right Out of the Box...

LerxstFan

Inspired
I'm finally taking the time to get into my FM3 after picking up an FC-6 from the shop a few days ago. I downloaded the OMG-9 layout and have been in tone nirvana since then. The sounds I'm hearing from the FM3 are so good! Going from an Eleven Rack to an AX8 a few years ago was a big leap forward in the quality of tones, and the FM3 sounds and feels like another big step forward with even better tones and ease of use.

I know it's subjective, but I plugged in and randomly picked a preset - it was the Super Verb Vibrato - and the detail and 'feel' to me is like playing an amazing touch sensitive tube amp. The only thing I changed was increasing the reverb quality, stock settings for everything else. I'm playing at a decent volume through a pair of old M-Audio BX5's and the sound was killer on all pickup settings. Added a drive and...just wow.

I know it's not the real thing. I've never played a Super Verb Vibrato, don't even know what the amp is supposed to sound like. I've only owned a few amps, mostly Mesas and a few Marshalls, and will never get through all the amazing amps in the FM3. Point is the FM3 sounds amazing - literally makes me smile when I play. I know I'm talking to the choir here. I should be practicing songs, but get 'sidetracked' constantly playing through new presets.

I'm looking forward to getting back out to gig this year and take advantage of all the great tones, effects, and functionality of the FM3. Thank you to Cliff and the whole team at Fractal for making such great gear! Wishing you all good times in 2021!

Back
Top Bottom