Rig Rundown: Bush’s Gavin Rossdale & Chris Traynor

Aoh those Mesa cabs are GORGEOUS!! I've actually collected pics of custom Mesa amps and cabs, and I've never seen those. They are STUNNING!!

I always enjoy rig rundowns. I saw Bush in January and it was cool to see some Fractal artists live. Chris sounded really good. I didn’t know Gavin was using the FM9. I tried the GOT preset and was underwhelmed but that doesn’t mean anything, since many times I hear demos that sound great but don’t work on my setup. So both of these guys are running into amp and real cabs. Is the FOH feed right out of the FAS units? Maybe I missed it but didn’t see mention of what speakers were in the cabs. I don’t suppose it matters much. I got a kick out his fav guitar being a junior and his love for cheap but good guitars.

I liked the comment on sticking with one amp and using different guitars to get different tones. Goes against lot of players approach to modeling of creating presets per guitar.

I thought I'd got my FM3 dialled in pretty good - then I loaded the Chris Traynor 'works anywhere' preset and I realised how little I knew. It's fucking killer - just changed the delay and off we go to a thousand open mic nights...

Back
Top Bottom