Rig idea reassurance

Sinapathy

G'day forumnites
First time posting but I've been lurking on here for awhile now so about time I join the community, so here goes

I'm about to pull the trigger on an axe fx 3 rig and would like some opinions (reassurance) about my rig setup. I'm thinking of running like this

Guitar input through a line6 g55 relay into input 1 of the axe fx3, than from axefx 3 output 1 left using a humbuster TRS into input channel A of matrix gt1000fx, also from axefx 3 output right into input channel B of matrix gt1000fx. Than from channel A output to a stereo 2X12 zilla cab and from channel B output to other side of the 2X12. All housed in a skb 6u shallow rack.

For control I'm on the European wait list for the FC, I was thinking of 2 mission engineering expression pedals 1 for wah whammy etc, and the other for volume control.

Is there anyone running a setup like this?
Do i need both matrix channels to run stereo through a cab like this?
How do people find mission engineering pedals with an axefx3, do people use a dedicated volume pedal instead of just an expression pedal ?

Id like to say a huge thankyou to this fractal community as ive already learnt so much without even picking up an axe yet and sorry about the first post noob things I should already know, I've read the manuals and a lot of posts so I think this is possible
Cheers sinapathy

I don't think you need to use Humbuster cables for this... I've been using short George Ls patch cables from Axe Fx III (and II) outputs to Matrix inputs for years. I've never had any issue with noise.

Yes, you need both channels of the amp to run stereo...

The Mission pedals are great for things like Wah. I recommend the spring loaded type in conjunction with auto engage.

For volume, I think most people here use an expression pedal. If you want it to act like a traditional volume pedal, you'll need to insert a Vol block near the beginning of your grid... The sweep of Mission pedals isn't that big, so probably not the best choice if you're a Volume pedal guy. The Fractal EV pedals and some others are most likely a better choice.

I’m wondering how much stereo separation you will get using the same cab. Seems like it might be worth it to get two cabs and a bit of distance between them if you want to hear stereo.

I wouldn't personally use a mission for anything other than wah. The dunlop volume x or the fractal stuff is way smoother, i've had both and prefer the Dunlop.

I wouldn't personally use a mission for anything other than wah. The dunlop volume x or the fractal stuff is way smoother, i've had both and prefer the Dunlop.

They have a short travel, but sometimes that can work well. I like long travel for things I want fine control over, but for things where it’s either slow or fast, like vibe speed, I find they can still work well. Also really like mine for whammy effects.

I use 2 long travel Ernie balls, one spring loaded mission and 1 regular mission, all have a place and benefit

I’m wondering how much stereo separation you will get using the same cab. Seems like it might be worth it to get two cabs and a bit of distance between them if you want to hear stereo.

maybe not a crazy amount but it should be enough for me, if playing live i can always run to FOH with sims

interesting about the mission pedal not having such a huge sweep, might grab a fractal one and compare, the guy i use to play with used mission engineering (also i how i found out about fractal) and he seemed ok with it.

i also got my axe fx 3 the other day and man i think my hands might fall off, still playing it though really nice peice of gear

interesting about the mission pedal not having such a huge sweep, might grab a fractal one and compare, the guy i use to play with used mission engineering (also i how i found out about fractal) and he seemed ok with it.

i also got my axe fx 3 the other day and man i think my hands might fall off, still playing it though really nice peice of gear
The Mission pedals are the exact same chassis as a Crybaby or Dunlop wah.

For things that require more fine control, the short sweep could be non-optimal.

Back
Top Bottom