Riffstation

Sixstring

Legend!
Hey everyone just checking in to see if Riffstation is still the the audio isolator of choice. I haven't really been paying attention to what else is out there.

What are your main reasons for using Transcribe as opposed to others that are out there?

I used to use "The Amazing Slow Downer". I saw a TGP post by Pete Thorn where he mentioned Transcribe. So I gave it a shot.

It doesn't store multiple loops like Slow Downer, but the overall workflow is great. It also can work with .mp4 files too.

I float between Transcribe and riffstation. If I need to find something buried far left or far right I use riffstation. It does great for that. sometimes I'll save the selection from riffstation and use it in transcribe which has better everything else, such as labels. I like to know where each section is plus I use rfx midi buddy 128 to use my feet for play rewind section create a repeat region, all done with the feet the fingers never come off the guitar. So I would say Transcribe first then riffstation, then a plethora of other software that does the same thing, but not as good.

I used to use "The Amazing Slow Downer". I saw a TGP post by Pete Thorn where he mentioned Transcribe. So I gave it a shot.

It doesn't store multiple loops like Slow Downer, but the overall workflow is great. It also can work with .mp4 files too.
I prefer transcribe also. And it does store multiple loops and you can even name them. I also find it very helpful that it works with video.

Thanks guys! I guess I will give Transcribe a shot. It looked a little daunting but I guess it's just like anything else once you work with it for a while it becomes second nature.

Any idea if this is a fully functional version? I have the paid version installed and don't want to run this installer to find out. \m/

Any idea if this is a fully functional version? I have the paid version installed and don't want to run this installer to find out. \m/
From the website:
While we work with labels and publishers on a paid Riffstation service, Riffstation will no longer be available on the web or mobile devices.

We hope to bring a similar service back in the future, but in the meantime, we’d like to offer you a free copy of Riffstation Pro desktop app (normally $34.99), on us.

Riffstation Pro is an amazing tool for beginners and advanced guitar players and will help unlock your potential as a guitarist.

Thank you in advance for your patience as we work on what’s next.

NOTE: This is a desktop app for Mac and PC computers and will not run on iOS and Android devices. It works with audio files stored on your computer as opposed to YouTube videos.
The version I just downloaded and installed is number 1.6.3

Last edited:
That's the same version as my paid version. That's awesome. Anyone who doesn't have it should grab it asap.

Thanks for the update.

\m/

Back
Top Bottom