#RiffsAndBeards2 Riff Contest w/ Axe-Fx II

Thanks for the kind words fellas!
I kinda missed the whole "no overdubs/harmonies" rule until after I had uploaded my vid... but oh well it was fun to take a crack at anyway. Feel free to post your vids up here on the thread if you guys entered... I'd love to check:)

Thanks for the kind words fellas!
I kinda missed the whole "no overdubs/harmonies" rule until after I had uploaded my vid... but oh well it was fun to take a crack at anyway. Feel free to post your vids up here on the thread if you guys entered... I'd love to check:)

i made a thread for mine also, so i hope i'm not spamming or anything but yeah here's my take on that drum part

Here is mine I haven't " officially" entered it as I'm not satisfied. You all are doing some very nice stuff ! No fancy riffages here but I wanted to try to add Bass to the mix . Guitars and Bass all AXEFX . Guitars Mark IV preset and Bass Seeds Bass Orange 200 preset let me know if the mix sounds any good ?

soundcloud] https://soundcloud.com/verybadman/riffsandbeards[/soundcloud

i made a thread for mine also, so i hope i'm not spamming or anything but yeah here's my take on that drum part

I dig that dude! Thanks for sharing:) Thats is DEFINITELY the best one I've seen with an 8 string\m/
Even if we don't win anything… we kinda still win because we have the best TONE haha.

Here is mine I haven't " officially" entered it as I'm not satisfied. You all are doing some very nice stuff ! No fancy riffages here but I wanted to try to add Bass to the mix . Guitars and Bass all AXEFX . Guitars Mark IV preset and Bass Seeds Bass Orange 200 preset let me know if the mix sounds any good ?

soundcloud] https://soundcloud.com/verybadman/riffsandbeards[/soundcloud

Nice dude! Sounds pretty good here man… I'm not in a very good listening environment tho (laptop)If I HAD to give any advice at all I'd say maybe tighten up the timing in a couple of spots. But that tempo is a bit fast for that beat in my opinion(or at least the way I interpreted it)… took me a minute to nail my riffs with that fast ass click haha. Sounds good tho dude!

Last edited:
I dig that dude! Thanks for sharing:) Thats is DEFINITELY the best one I've seen with an 8 string\m/
Even if we don't win anything… we kinda still win because we have the best TONE haha.

thanks dude, and i totally agree about us sounding best! i also agree with the temp being a bit too fast, i had written that riff somewhere between 110 and 120 i think and it took me a bit to get it up to speed, and i think it loses a bit of feel when it's going that fast. also it'll sound way better when it has its own beat behind it but yeah that's neither here nor there haha

Back
Top Bottom