Riff Station(This is damn cool)

Looks pretty cool. I wonder how well it copes with more dense mixes though.

Guess I'll have to check out the trial version. :)

Yes. You should probably still use your ears, but have you tried learning Van Halen's Jump solo by ear?
Software can help to slow down incredibly fast music so you are actually able to use your ears instead of relying on tabs. You can hear every slide, bend or vibrato and individual timing of any guitarist much more acurate.
I don't think it will stop you from learning to hear intervals if you want to.

The program does a good job in slowing down. Only two I've seen deliver that quality so far are "amazing slowdowner" and "transcribe!", which I am using quite happily.
Thank your response has been most helpful.
I stay away from tabs as much as possible :)

I still prefer Transcribe! for some things because it has preset speeds and markers but Riffstation's chord feature is pretty slick. Too bad you can't resize the GUI.

I was primarily interested in the filtering feature so I downloaded the trial version a while back. It is a hit and miss depending on the song. I liked the chord portion though. For now I use Songsterr site when I want to learn a song. At $10/mo it is worth it. You have the notes, can isolate an instrument, and can do other things. The free version is adequate also. Guitar Tabs With Rhythm | Songsterr

Sorry, I wanna rephrase that. The slow down quality is NOT as good as "transcribe!" or "amazing slow downer". And it only goes as far as 50 percent. since sound quality is essential for me (I have to listen to that slow stuff over and over again when practising) I don't even care for the other filters. Check out "Transcribe!" it really offers everything you need.

. The big killer of Jamvox for some people will be that it will not run at all if your system is not connected to the internet. I have a home studio system that I use for practice. It does not touch the internet for security reasons. Couldn't use Jamvox there. Went early to a venue. Took my laptop to practice through the songs before the gig. No internet access. I'm SOL again because of Jamvox's internet dependency. That screwed the pooch for me. The internet should be a choice not a dependency
for something I paid green dollars for to work. Chaps my b%tt just thinking about.

I don't know what you're talking about dude but the JamVox absolutely works without being connected to the net! You only have to use the net if you want to download a patch/preset from the online community or if you want to download a new firmware.

You're doing something wrong for sure!

A Mac, apple magic trackpad, the free bettertouchtool software for that trackpad and Amazing Slow Downer. Try it. Fastest way I've found to learn, practice, rehearse on guitar without stopping to use a mouse/keyboard, and without the speed limits of Riff Station, or lack of features, user-friendliness, or bloated features of other products.

!Slow down music with Mac and Windows computers!
BetterTouchTool

ALL the software controls have keyboard shortcuts, so everything you need while playing can be mapped to the trackpad, fast/slow, volume, pause, stop, rewind, play, loop nudging, speed presets, toggle EQ, toggle stereo, center/left/right hard pan, slowdown processing type, toggle loop on/off etc. Highly recommended for mac users or PC guys who have a programmable trackpad.

*edit* You can also use your phone as the trackpad. BetterTouchTool has an upgrade so you can control the SlowDowner software from iPhone over bluetooth.
8469800958_4d61c58482.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom