Rick Beato

Subscriber here too. I really enjoy the "What makes This Song Great" series. There's quite a lot of very useful info in his other videos as well. We don't have cable anymore at home, and network TV reception is non-existent. So we either watch old TV shows on DVD, or I watch music related YouTube channels. Rick's is a great one to subscribe to.

I don't like everything, but the stuff I do like, I really like it. His vid about how the pros use compression was enlightening. I finally got it. And the what makes this song great series is awesome. You often walk away with a totally new appreciation for songs you got tired listening too years ago. And his Apple rants, all the more hilarious as he's a long time Apple user, tickle my funny bone.

But what Chris said, disagree with him in the comments and he can come down on you like a cruise missile strike.

His stuff is always worth a watch. Whether it's useful to you or whether you agree with him or not he's got some fantastic free resources.

Love some of his videos but sometimes he lose the focus (the Apple rant is an example).
He owns (and runs) a nice studio too.

Personally, I think his stuff can't be beato. He could use a lesson in humility and learn how to disagree respectfully, but some of his vids are great.

He’s an excellent guy who gives away lots of great information for free.

I found the steely dan video is great. He covers a lot of different concepts and genres which is cool. Lots to learn.

Have a look for the vids of his v young son Dillon(?) singing/saying/sounding all the notes of cluster chords Rick plays on piano. Pretty astounding ear.

Here you go, start hear!...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom