Rick Beato using a III

Didn't see this anywhere on the forum but Rick posted Episode 78 of his "What makes this song great" series featuring Deftone's Minerva a couple of days ago. Looks like he is using a III in the video. While not a tube snob he has usually said he prefers amps but he does make patches for Helix and Kemper. Interesting change.

Last edited:
Yeah! I played in Atlanta so I went by his place and hung there all day! He had just unboxed the Axe FX III and the foot controller. I tried to teach him how to use the Axe FX II, and even made some presets for him. He loved them, but didn't really use it much after that. I get it. He has a studio in his basement with sound proof rooms where he can crank his plexis at any time of day. I'm sure he will find the III is easier to use.

Yeah! I played in Atlanta so I went by his place and hung there all day! He had just unboxed the Axe FX III and the foot controller. I tried to teach him how to use the Axe FX II, and even made some presets for him. He loved them, but didn't really use it much after that. I get it. He has a studio in his basement with sound proof rooms where he can crank his plexis at any time of day. I'm sure he will find the III is easier to use.
Dang! Wish I had known you were playing in Atlanta! I would have love to come hear you play...always enjoy your videos.

Back
Top Bottom