AFIII Presets Richard Hallebeek jazz-rock presets pack

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
I agree, it's a much more satisfying approach to pack creation for the customer. AB's Zep pack also fits in this category. I've been stuck on the Hook Clean UD Stomp preset since purchasing, but the lead presets have a ridiculous amount of sustain.
Thanks so much! Like it says in the PDF, I normally turn down my volume half way, as well as my tone. That gives me a nice smooth defined lead tone. Especially with the enhancer and the stereo delays, it makes is sit nicely in the mix. Of course, you can turn up your volume and you get an insane amount of sustain ;-) The physical Hook amp is great, after 12 years, it's still my main amp. Also haven't replaced the tubes. Hook says to let them be and nicely burn in ;-) But in the studio the Fractal gives me the complex gain structure of the Hook. Also in the Fractal it's still the main amp. I played with Dweezil Zappa and noticed he is using the Hook amp for his clean tones. He says it takes pedals in front of the Fractal really well. I agree. It's a big sounding clean channel. Enjoy the sounds and good luck! ;-)

I can't give you precise settings as I'm travelling right now. However, I would recommend you my Hook amp pack for rhythm tones - and lead, crunch etc
I'm now working on a British/classic rock pack and man, with firmware 10.02 and the gain enhancer parameter, I'm really re-discovering the Marshall and Fender amps in the Axe III. They sound glorius with my usual custom IRs
!! I was jjust going to suggest a Hook-only collaboration when you posted this....I had forgotten that I had purchased , but not downloaded , all of the amp packs in the full bundle....guess I know what I’m doing this morning.......

I am surprised this pack hasn't blown up more on the forums. I purchased it a few nights ago, and it is hands down the best preset pack I have purchased to date (and I have been using Fractal gear since the Axe FX Standard). Every scene in every preset is just stunning and completely usable without any tweaks whatsoever.

To be honest, you could just stick with the first scene in the Rich H Lead 1 Hook preset and never need look elsewhere for a great lead tone that would work in a lot of contexts. But then the variety of other tones, from a myriad of amps and effects, just takes it to the next (several) levels. The Synth presets are fantastic and so well dialed in with plenty of variety in the scenes. And to have the UD sounds approximated as well - an effect not currently present in the Axe III - is really cool.

As I posted previously, I believe what @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek have done here is showing us the future of where quality premium preset packs are going. To have the personal settings of the guy whose actual amp is modeled in the Axe III, settings which he tours and uses in the studio, is very special and something my younger self would never even dreamed was possible.

There are a lot of preset packs being sold out there, and a lot of the old ground is well and truly covered. But this pack (and I hope more in the future) is really cleverly thought out.

OK maybe enough words from me - people just need to buy this pack. Seriously. It is marvelous.

One question @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek - any tips on dialing in the HOOK for rhythm? The lead sound is brilliant, but your thoughts on how YOU would tweak it into a Rhythm preset would be great :)
Thanks so much again for your thoughtful words. I play jazz and fusion and that's for a small audience. So people probably aren't familiar with my music. But the sounds are pretty much straight ahead lead tones that you can use in so many styles of music. The Hook amp is like a Plexi Marshall with some extras. It could also work for any John Petrucci fan (probably they will stick with Mesa) or use the clean channel for a country player. The clean channel is really solid sounding and takes pedals really well.

For crunch, the first lead tone Rich H Lead 1 is probably my main crunch tone. Take your guitar volume down and add the booster pedal when you want to start soloing. Let me know if that works for you and good luck!

Oh man I didn't even mention the cleans! Agree. Simply fantastic.

Yes that is a perfect way to describe it - much more satisfying approach to pack creation for the customer.

I have not tried @austinbuddy Zep pack yet but looks like totally fits into this category as well. So does his Naked Amps packs which should be standard on the unit IMO. All these packs have that special X-factor about them. Smart, smart products.
The sounds we designed are all built from the ground up. So no copying from other amp packs, even not from Fremen's amp packs. We first sent our sysex files back and forth through the internet (Amsterdam to Mauritius and back ;-) for over 4 months, but it didn't quite work out. We ended up starting fresh again and then finally meeting up in Amsterdam to sit down for a couple of days. And then we were finished quickly. There are no quick shortcuts here, just checking every parameter and nerding out over every small detail. I learned so many new tricks from Thibault and also learned that I was doing a lot of things wrong in the Fractal. Tomorrow I'll play live with the Fractal in the loop of my amp head and will use the stock 'loop' presets that are also added in the pack. Also first gig with the FC-12, so can't wait to turn up the Hook live!

Thanks so much! Like it says in the PDF, I normally turn down my volume half way, as well as my tone. That gives me a nice smooth defined lead tone. Especially with the enhancer and the stereo delays, it makes is sit nicely in the mix. Of course, you can turn up your volume and you get an insane amount of sustain ;-) The physical Hook amp is great, after 12 years, it's still my main amp. Also haven't replaced the tubes. Hook says to let them be and nicely burn in ;-) But in the studio the Fractal gives me the complex gain structure of the Hook. Also in the Fractal it's still the main amp. I played with Dweezil Zappa and noticed he is using the Hook amp for his clean tones. He says it takes pedals in front of the Fractal really well. I agree. It's a big sounding clean channel. Enjoy the sounds and good luck! ;-)
Great to know my man Dweezil is using your amp! He is coming to Amsterdam at the end of this month...Hope you get to perform with him again..and post the video!

Actually not Amsterdam but Utrecht this year.. I will check out the gig for sure! Dweezil keeps getting better and the guitar tones on his tours from him are total ear candy!
I believe this will be his first European dates with the III, but I could be mistaken. ...it sounded amazing when I saw them earlier in the fall...he and @Admin M@ put extra work into the presets for Hot RATS and the other tunes in this set.

I am surprised this pack hasn't blown up more on the forums. I purchased it a few nights ago, and it is hands down the best preset pack I have purchased to date (and I have been using Fractal gear since the Axe FX Standard). Every scene in every preset is just stunning and completely usable without any tweaks whatsoever.

To be honest, you could just stick with the first scene in the Rich H Lead 1 Hook preset and never need look elsewhere for a great lead tone that would work in a lot of contexts. But then the variety of other tones, from a myriad of amps and effects, just takes it to the next (several) levels. The Synth presets are fantastic and so well dialed in with plenty of variety in the scenes. And to have the UD sounds approximated as well - an effect not currently present in the Axe III - is really cool.

As I posted previously, I believe what @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek have done here is showing us the future of where quality premium preset packs are going. To have the personal settings of the guy whose actual amp is modeled in the Axe III, settings which he tours and uses in the studio, is very special and something my younger self would never even dreamed was possible.

There are a lot of preset packs being sold out there, and a lot of the old ground is well and truly covered. But this pack (and I hope more in the future) is really cleverly thought out.

OK maybe enough words from me - people just need to buy this pack. Seriously. It is marvelous.
Thanks dude ! I'm definitely opened to other collaborations like this one. But I will still make more "generic" presets too. At Vai Academy 5.0, Matt Picone talked about that in one of the masterclasses, saying that artists presets are often disapointing to the buyer because they're made for one person, and that I (Fremen) had the rare talent of making universal presets that works for a vast number of people - I should post that video but he would kill me, he asked not to be recorded, ahhah ;) well I just have small clips

I have the Naked Amps pack, not the Zep pack, but the concept is what we need more of. Fremen's packs are always filled with FX that are beyond useful to me.
Thanks dude ! I'm not sure of the meaning of "beyond useful", I'm French so sometimes I'm lost in translation, lol

I made a demo of Richard packs using DI tracks from a player in a very different genre, blues-rock/classic rock - it shows that this pack is not only for fusion afficionados !

[QUOTE="Thanks dude ! I'm not sure of the meaning of "beyond useful", I'm French so sometimes I'm lost in translation, lol

I made a demo of Richard packs using DI tracks from a player in a very different genre, blues-rock/classic rock - it shows that this pack is not only for fusion afficionados !

[/QUOTE]
T, it's a compliment. There's useful, then their is beyond useful. It means, your ability to tweak in FX is a lot better than mine. I copy your blocks and use them elsewhere on other presets. Backward engineer them and learn more than I could have figured out on my own.

Richard, I'm a Trufire member, I had no idea you filmed 3 learning modules. I will be watching them. I love your style and hope the integrate as much as I can master. (with these 60 year old hands, may not be as much as I hope:disappointed:)
Later gents,

[QUOTE="Thanks dude ! I'm not sure of the meaning of "beyond useful", I'm French so sometimes I'm lost in translation, lol

T, it's a compliment. There's useful, then their is beyond useful. It means, your ability to tweak in FX is a lot better than mine. I copy your blocks and use them elsewhere on other presets. Backward engineer them and learn more than I could have figured out on my own.

Richard, I'm a Trufire member, I had no idea you filmed 3 learning modules. I will be watching them. I love your style and hope the integrate as much as I can master. (with these 60 year old hands, may not be as much as I hope:disappointed:)
Later gents,
[/QUOTE]
Cool! Have fun with the TrueFire instructionals! There’s 40 years of studying and taking lessons compressed in those DVD’s so you should be all set for the coming years :)

I'm a huge fusion aficionado, bought this pack today. Some really great tones in here, thanks guys!

My only qualm is I would have like to have seen more clean + lead presets, I guess I'm going to have to combine channels from multiple presets to get one where I can switch between sounds without changing presets.

I'm a huge fusion aficionado, bought this pack today. Some really great tones in here, thanks guys!

My only qualm is I would have like to have seen more clean + lead presets, I guess I'm going to have to combine channels from multiple presets to get one where I can switch between sounds without changing presets.
Thanks Kamil! I don't really use the Fractal that way, but feel free of course to re-route and re-order the patches to make it work for you! Good luck!

Quoting Richard Hallebeek : Last week I had the pleasure of joining Dweezil Zappa onstage at a sold out TivoliVredenburg venue. This is the 4th time since 2013 that I've joined Dweezil live and it's such an ultimate pleasure - watching your favorite band perform and then.. just stepping on stage with guitar in hand and joining in.. 😊unbelievable experience! A performing day like this mostly goes like: receiving an email early morning along the lines of: 'Hi, this is Dweezil, wanna play tonight, are you in town?’ Mentioning a couple of songs that might be suitable for that evening. Of course I then rush to change strings, get a clean shirt and transcribe the necessary riffs in the couple of hours I have left to prepare and leave for soundcheck to the venue.
This year from the suggestions Dweezil picked, I choose the song 'Muffin Man’ which is one of my favorite Zappa songs with Frank’s humor at it’s best.
I grew up with the Beatles and the music of Frank Zappa and his voice is always somewhere in my head or on a record that I listen to.
Also, the band feels like a family thanks Ryan Brown Kurt Morgan, Scheila Gonzalez, Adam Minkoff for the warm welcome and the great soundguys for an amazing evening!
Thanks everybody for coming out to the show and especialy Harold Kasperink, Berno Van Meijel for shooting the video and Philippe Lamoot for the pictures.
Thanks Thibault de Robillard for the Fractal Audio Hook preset that I used in the video.
Some more news coming up soon that I hope to be sharing soon with you all 😊
Girl, you thought he was a man
But he was a muffin
He hung around till you found
That he didn't know nuthin'

"We'll drive through Beverly Hills, just before dawn, and knock the little jockeys off the rich peoples lawns, and before they get up we'll be gone, we'll be gone" - Zappa(Uncle Remus) RIP:genius/free speech advocate

Original message: "This artist Axe-Fx III presets pack features 168 different scenes, divided over 21 presets, designed by Richard Hallebeek in collaboration with me, over several months, through internet and also two work sessions in Amsterdam. 17 presets are meant to be used straight to a front-of-house mixing desk/studio monitors/FRFR monitors, and 4 in the effects loop of an amp (for the later, both “normal” and “4CM” versions are included)." Latest FW

Original message: "This artist Axe-Fx III presets pack features 168 different scenes, divided over 21 presets, designed by Richard Hallebeek in collaboration with me, over several months, through internet and also two work sessions in Amsterdam. 17 presets are meant to be used straight to a front-of-house mixing desk/studio monitors/FRFR monitors, and 4 in the effects loop of an amp (for the later, both “normal” and “4CM” versions are included)." Latest FW
DOH...sorry..missed the scenes part....must improve my reading skills ;)
Will try it out tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom