AFIII Presets Richard Hallebeek jazz-rock presets pack

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

This artist Axe-Fx III presets pack features 168 different scenes, divided over 21 presets, designed by Richard Hallebeek in collaboration with me, over several months, through internet and also two work sessions in Amsterdam. 17 presets are meant to be used straight to a front-of-house mixing desk/studio monitors/FRFR monitors, and 4 in the effects loop of an amp (for the later, both “normal” and “4CM” versions are included). This pack is bursting with effects, alternate cab choices for the leads, Richard’s very own modeled HOOK Captain head with his personal settings and multiple delay choices. Presets inspired by the classic UD Stomp settings are also included.
This package comes with a detailed full color booklet with texts and photos, explaining every different scene and how the sound was designed.
All sounds are actual live and studio sounds that are used by Richard Hallebeek and can be used right out of the box and will surely inspire your playing and compositions !

You can get the pack below :

https://fremenpresets.com/downloads/richard-hallebeek-jazz-rock-presets-pack/
https://www.richardhallebeek.com/release/fractal-audio-presets-pack/

Richard-moi-768x511.jpg
Richard Hallebeek has been playing guitar professionally for over 30 years and has recorded and/or played with Scott Henderson, Eric Gale, Andy Timmons, Frank Gambale, Scott Kinsey, Dan Gilbert, Carl Verheyen, Michael Angelo Batio, Marco Minnemann, Steve Hunt, Allan Holdsworth, Shawn Lane, Brett Garsed, Gary Husband, Jimmy Johnson, Derek Sherinian, Carl Verheyen, Kiko Loureiro, Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan among others. He teaches harmony, theory, guitar, band coaching at Tune Up music school in Haarlem, and released three instructional DVD’s for TrueFire: Scale Creativity, Chord Creativity and Creative Lick Phrasing. This Fractal Audio Artist has also been elected “best Benelux jazz –fusion guitarist” by the readers of Gitarist magazine two years in a row (2017 and 2018).

GITARIST-MAGAZINE.jpg

Last edited:
Dude stuck on the 1st clean preset! The modulation stuff is amazing. I always wanted a UD Stomp. You guys managed to pull a lot of sounds that is/was capable of, out proverbial butts. Great job. I've gotten into progressions flat picking arpeggios, kind of how I've always claw picked with my fingers. These swirly sounds are perfect for me. Thanks

Thanks Marcus ! Yes we took a great care about those UD Stomp settings. Richard has one in his studio so that helps a lot ! Those after Holdsworth-like tones are in for a feast with this pack. We didn't mention him in the documentation but he's everywhere - he's Richard's biggest influence, after all, they were friends who met many times. That's the reason we used the Recto amp models for some of the lead presets, which at first sight may seems strange for fusion sounds : Holdsworth himself used a Dual Rectifier

Don't forget to read the documentation, for tips on how to use the presets and scenes - lowering your guitar volume pot when needed etc

Dude stuck on the 1st clean preset! The modulation stuff is amazing. I always wanted a UD Stomp. You guys managed to pull a lot of sounds that is/was capable of, out proverbial butts. Great job. I've gotten into progressions flat picking arpeggios, kind of how I've always claw picked with my fingers. These swirly sounds are perfect for me. Thanks
Thanks! ;-)
Wow, wow, wow... that demo sounds really awesome!
Thanks Alexander!

Richard, I'll have to check out your work. I was a Holdsworth fan back in the day. Still have a Yamaha DG-80 bought cause he was using them back in the early 90's. Love his work in the prog band UK(Bruford, Holdsworth, Jobson, and Wetton).

Richard, I'll have to check out your work. I was a Holdsworth fan back in the day. Still have a Yamaha DG-80 bought cause he was using them back in the early 90's. Love his work in the prog band UK(Bruford, Holdsworth, Jobson, and Wetton).
Thanks, I have the Yamaha DG head too. It's an amazing amp. The HOOK amp has the Plexi vintage vibe but also has a smooth high gain character with a boost pedal in front so I'm using that one now a lot. Fractal did an amazing job modeling my amp. The Fractal model sounds just like the real amp here, so I couldn't be happier!

@Richard Hallebeek and @fremen , well done! the Hook has been in my favorites list since we got it, nice to see your takes on it along with some of my other fave amps...great graphics on the PDF pamphlet too!
Thanks so much! I think the PDF was a nice addition, instead of just 'dumping' a couple of presets with the listener and they have to figure out what to do with it. So sometimes it seems too obvious maybe, but hopefully some of that text makes it a bit cleared what the presets were meant for. We spent over 8 months working on those presets, first through the internet but also later on Thibault came to my studio in Amsterdam and we worked here non stop for two days - totally nerding out over all those parameters. All the presets were built from the ground up and I'm using them all the time. I learned a lot of new tricks from Thibault and he corrected some things that I did 'wrong' with the Fractal, so it also really helped me a lot! Enjoy the sounds!

Wow! This looks really special indeed. This is the kind of preset pack people should throw money at. A great preset creator (and guitarist) working with a guitar giant to create tones from their actual setups. This is the sort of thing the average Axe III user can't do themselves or get access to ordinarily. I think this is what paid preset packs are going to look like in the future. Bravo @fremen for taking the first step!

Wow! This looks really special indeed. This is the kind of preset pack people should throw money at. A great preset creator (and guitarist) working with a guitar giant to create tones from their actual setups. This is the sort of thing the average Axe III user can't do themselves or get access to ordinarily. I think this is what paid preset packs are going to look like in the future. Bravo @fremen for taking the first step!
Thanks for the kind words!

I am surprised this pack hasn't blown up more on the forums. I purchased it a few nights ago, and it is hands down the best preset pack I have purchased to date (and I have been using Fractal gear since the Axe FX Standard). Every scene in every preset is just stunning and completely usable without any tweaks whatsoever.

To be honest, you could just stick with the first scene in the Rich H Lead 1 Hook preset and never need look elsewhere for a great lead tone that would work in a lot of contexts. But then the variety of other tones, from a myriad of amps and effects, just takes it to the next (several) levels. The Synth presets are fantastic and so well dialed in with plenty of variety in the scenes. And to have the UD sounds approximated as well - an effect not currently present in the Axe III - is really cool.

As I posted previously, I believe what @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek have done here is showing us the future of where quality premium preset packs are going. To have the personal settings of the guy whose actual amp is modeled in the Axe III, settings which he tours and uses in the studio, is very special and something my younger self would never even dreamed was possible.

There are a lot of preset packs being sold out there, and a lot of the old ground is well and truly covered. But this pack (and I hope more in the future) is really cleverly thought out.

OK maybe enough words from me - people just need to buy this pack. Seriously. It is marvelous.

One question @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek - any tips on dialing in the HOOK for rhythm? The lead sound is brilliant, but your thoughts on how YOU would tweak it into a Rhythm preset would be great :)

I agree, it's a much more satisfying approach to pack creation for the customer. AB's Zep pack also fits in this category. I've been stuck on the Hook Clean UD Stomp preset since purchasing, but the lead presets have a ridiculous amount of sustain.
Oh man I didn't even mention the cleans! Agree. Simply fantastic.

Yes that is a perfect way to describe it - much more satisfying approach to pack creation for the customer.

I have not tried @austinbuddy Zep pack yet but looks like totally fits into this category as well. So does his Naked Amps packs which should be standard on the unit IMO. All these packs have that special X-factor about them. Smart, smart products.

I am surprised this pack hasn't blown up more on the forums. I purchased it a few nights ago, and it is hands down the best preset pack I have purchased to date (and I have been using Fractal gear since the Axe FX Standard). Every scene in every preset is just stunning and completely usable without any tweaks whatsoever.

To be honest, you could just stick with the first scene in the Rich H Lead 1 Hook preset and never need look elsewhere for a great lead tone that would work in a lot of contexts. But then the variety of other tones, from a myriad of amps and effects, just takes it to the next (several) levels. The Synth presets are fantastic and so well dialed in with plenty of variety in the scenes. And to have the UD sounds approximated as well - an effect not currently present in the Axe III - is really cool.

As I posted previously, I believe what @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek have done here is showing us the future of where quality premium preset packs are going. To have the personal settings of the guy whose actual amp is modeled in the Axe III, settings which he tours and uses in the studio, is very special and something my younger self would never even dreamed was possible.

There are a lot of preset packs being sold out there, and a lot of the old ground is well and truly covered. But this pack (and I hope more in the future) is really cleverly thought out.

OK maybe enough words from me - people just need to buy this pack. Seriously. It is marvelous.

One question @fremen and @Richard Hallebeek - any tips on dialing in the HOOK for rhythm? The lead sound is brilliant, but your thoughts on how YOU would tweak it into a Rhythm preset would be great :)
I can't give you precise settings as I'm travelling right now. However, I would recommend you my Hook amp pack for rhythm tones - and lead, crunch etc
I'm now working on a British/classic rock pack and man, with firmware 10.02 and the gain enhancer parameter, I'm really re-discovering the Marshall and Fender amps in the Axe III. They sound glorius with my usual custom IRs

Back
Top Bottom