Rhythm - Tone (Paramore-esque) (Not nearly there yet!)

Hi there, it makes me really happy that you're doing this. :) I play guitar for Paramore and am also using an Axe FX. [emoji119]
I'll post a patch for Misery Business for you when I get back in the States. Getting the Paramore tone is kinda tricky, and I actually use the 50 watt Plexi high model with a lot of deep tweaking and using the Brit Super tonestack, and then use the graphic EQ in the amp block for a bit more low end while still keeping it tight.

Also, in your cab block, it helps to raise your high pass up to 80hz and the low pass to around 9-10k. Let me know how else I can help you.
-Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that same thought as well! would be a tiny bit of a challenge once it sits with the drums.

Anything you'd think I could work on, tone wise?

Also, taking your gain down a bit will help in getting clarity and speak better while you're playing with the whole band. I forgot to mention it, but I think I'm using one of the Kalthallen V30 cabs that may have just been nixed with the new FW. I haven't updated from 15.4, so I'm excited to check out the new features and audition some more cabs.

What amp/cab combination are you using at the moment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there, it makes me really happy that you're doing this. :) I play guitar for Paramore and am also using an Axe FX. [emoji119]
I'll post a patch for Misery Business for you when I get back in the States. Getting the Paramore tone is kinda tricky, and I actually use the 50 watt Plexi high model with a lot of deep tweaking and using the Brit Super tonestack, and then use the graphic EQ in the amp block for a bit more low end while still keeping it tight.

Also, in your cab block, it helps to raise your high pass up to 80hz and the low pass to around 9-10k. Let me know how else I can help you.
-Justin

Very cool for you to offer the help and the patch. I really like your guitar playing and approach, as well as your writing skills: Cool to hear you also use Fractal Gear. BTW a good friend said he and Haley had the same vocal coach in Nashville a couple of years ago - she was killer then, killer now. High praise from him as he is also very accomplished.

-Justin

very cool for you to offer your help like that. big fan, think the latest album is the best yet by far and loved the tones. did you track it with the Axe?

Thanks for the kind words, but I can't take credit. I've been their touring guitarist for almost 5 years, but Taylor is one of the three actual band members, and he tracks all the guitars in the studio. He used a bunch of amps on the new record, but his main rhythm tones come from his trusty Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (modded). I'd love to have that amp modeled someday.

I just started using the Axe in May, and it's been fantastic! Taylor and I even did some tone matches from the record stems, and it's shocking at how close the Axe got to duplicating the tone. So close that he didn't want me to use them because they sounded too close to the record and he wanted the live experience to feel different than the record. We just finished touring for the year, so I'm really excited about being able to sit down with the unit and explore more sounds. This thing is so inspiring, it's silly.

-Justin

Hey Justin, nice of you to help out :)
I'm also interested in trying that Misery Business patch out if that's possible.
Thanks in advance!

Hey Justin, nice of you to help out :)
I'm also interested in trying that Misery Business patch out if that's possible.
Thanks in advance!

No problem at all. Our gear is still on its way back to Nashville from Brazil, but it should arrive on Friday, so I'll have a patch ready for you guys shortly.

Also, taking your gain down a bit will help in getting clarity and speak better while you're playing with the whole band. I forgot to mention it, but I think I'm using one of the Kalthallen V30 cabs that may have just been nixed with the new FW. I haven't updated from 15.4, so I'm excited to check out the new features and audition some more cabs.

What amp/cab combination are you using at the moment?

Hi Justin!

Thanks for the response on my thread.

That's really nice of you to chip in and help us fellow axe fx users, get close to some of your tones/patches.

Well as for my amp/cab combination i'm using the following;

Amp: Wrecker 1
Cab: 4x12 Baskerweave G12H30 (RW)

T808 Mod driving in front of amp.

-Justin

Cheers Justin! Good info right there. Yep, that works pretty well.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Looking forward to the patch!

-Justin

Hi Justin and everyone here!

Justin, I tweaked the Cab high pass and low pass as above.

I've spend a few minutes tweaking the axe fx II to basically get an original sound, a fuse between Paramore & Karnivool.

Here it is.

Wanted some "girth" on the tone, so I think this fits quite nicely/

https://soundcloud.com/sixoceanavenuestudios/paramore-esquekarnivool-tone

Let me know what ya guys think hey?

Thanks Dizzy!! Much appreciated. Will post the patch on the axe-change soon! Defo something for you guys hey?

Nothing to add here. I just thought the words I outlined below were a pretty good quote for a future Fractal Audio ad. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, but I can't take credit. I've been their touring guitarist for almost 5 years, but Taylor is one of the three actual band members, and he tracks all the guitars in the studio. He used a bunch of amps on the new record, but his main rhythm tones come from his trusty Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (modded). I'd love to have that amp modeled someday.

I just started using the Axe in May, and it's been fantastic! Taylor and I even did some tone matches from the record stems, and it's shocking at how close the Axe got to duplicating the tone. So close that he didn't want me to use them because they sounded too close to the record and he wanted the live experience to feel different than the record. We just finished touring for the year, so I'm really excited about being able to sit down with the unit and explore more sounds. This thing is so inspiring, it's silly.

Nothing to add here. I just thought the words I outlined below were a pretty good quote for a future Fractal Audio ad. ;)

Hahaha!!! Definitely sounds like a Fractal ad. :) I've got a question for you guys. So I just got my gear back and my firmware is still on 15.2. I really want to update to 16.4, but the main cab I use for my dirty tone (Factory 71 Kalthallen 4x12 V30 #3) has been overwritten by another cab. Now I've heard that you can still get the Kalthallen stuff, but does anyone know how I can download this particular cab in case I need to go back to it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Justin

someone posted a link for a zip file that had it, i'll try to find it if someone doesn't beat me to it, lol

Back
Top Bottom