Rhythm guitar tone for album.

tfrel325

Doing a few tone tests before tracking rhythm guitars. This one sounds good to me.

I will be tracking with this tone but also recording DI. Mixing engineer might like a different tone so we'll see.

Also, Marco Minnemann will be playing on the record I'm doing now. Pretty cool stuff.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Last edited:
Marco is an amazing player. I'd love the listen to the end result.
For me it sounds a bit to hairy, if you know what I mean. What amp are you using?

Yeah it is a bit fizzy. I'm using the PVH 6160 with the 4x12 cali cab with a 808 drive in front.

I'm going for a chunky but with clarity. Similar to John Petrucci's tone on "A Nightmare to remember" off Black Clouds.

And Marco is indeed an amazing player. All his drum parts are finished and sound killer.

I think it sounds fine if you're wanting a 90s metal+grunge tone. If you want less grit, and actually while I'm a sort of anti-grit nazi I think the grit in yours above sounds great, try the FAS6160 or Herbie....although especially the latter might have too much balls for what you're attempting.

The Herbie is only on the new 7.0 patch correct?
I think it sounds fine if you're wanting a 90s metal+grunge tone. If you want less grit, and actually while I'm a sort of anti-grit nazi I think the grit in yours above sounds great, try the FAS6160 or Herbie....although especially the latter might have too much balls for what you're attempting.

Yeah, Herbie's new. I got my Axe with 6.0 . Since then, I've switched to 6.2 and now 7.0 with no issues. I wait a week or few after release, of course.

i think soloed it sounds really good, needs to fit in the mix though

Back
Top Bottom