rhythm beats using the synth block(s)

jimfist

Fractal Fanatic
I'm wondering if anyone out there has done anything interesting using the synth block (or anything else) to create usable "drum beats". I've been messing with this using the Sequencer and LFOs as controller sources for the individual LEVEL parameters of each of the 3 synth voices, but am having trouble getting it to actually "feel" like anything, mostly just very simple static patterns, and have difficulty with note placement to create different (fairly standard) drum beats. Ideally, three parts (kick), back-beat (snare), moving rhythm (hi-hat). The sounds don't have to necessarily sound "real", but just be able to provide something to jam over or provide backup support.

I'm thinking that with 2 Synth blocks w/3 voices each, some pretty cool (and even complex) useful beats should be obtainable. Anyone else dug into this further? Icing on the cake would be stuff like changing patterns on the fly with footswitches. I do admit that I've only spent a little bit of time on this, and the use of stuff like the looper, pitch block, delays, etc. could probably do a lot to help achieve some better feels.

The reason I don't go immediately for the Looper is because I'd like to have these beats at my disposal without the need for any additional input...trigger the preset and we're off and running. Or is the looper actually my savior here?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Jim, do a search for smilefan, then go to his forum profile page and click "Find latest started threads".
He made a few patches that used the synth for percussion beats. One was named Santana.

Jim, do a search for smilefan, then go to his forum profile page and click "Find latest started threads".
He made a few patches that used the synth for percussion beats. One was named Santana.

thanks for the lead. I know, I know, I know... should have thought to do a search before posting. Funeral, I'm glad you have a keen memory. thanks.

and also, thanks, Adam for the link. ;)

Back
Top Bottom