Rhoads vs Rhoads

The Rhoads Chrome, or Pinstriped

• Total voters
I have a variation of both myself. I have the white pinstripe and originally an all black version of the other that I changed out the black plate and pup rings for gold. Still need to change out the black Jackson trem for a gold Floyd. The Pinstripe plays fantastic. Love that freakin guitar. It’s plays like butter. I changed out the pups to EMG’s which is what I use for all my gigging guitars in my Ozzy tribute and had it rewired to do the staccato trick you mentioned above. There’s just something really sharp looking about the chrome one. I would get that one.
View attachment 48229

Ozzy tribute? Very cool, <== Seen my avatar? ;) I too was using EMG's for about 8 years while I was in a Metallica tribute, I liked 'em, a lot of peeps scoff at them but for what we do they're excellent, and they cut through like a mo-fo :D. What model is your white RR btw?

What can I say, a man after my own heart :). Jackson Guitars Rule!!! I have an RR5 I'm really fond of too, the japanese make some outstanding guitars. I just put some gold pickup rings on it too, had to use the tall angled ones cuz of the tunomatic bridge, pricey, about $26 for a pair of Mighty Mites who claim they will last much longer, we'll see. I also ordered a custom "RR" brass truss rod cover for it as well.
IMG_2291.JPG
2428.png

2427.png

This one's polished aluminum ^
I'm also getting one for the Green Sparkle King V.
ezgif-2-115087adaf.jpg

Above is a quick mock up he sent me if this is how I'd like it ^^ Below is a quick drawing I sent back.
IMG_2303.jpg

Last edited:
Ozzy tribute? Very cool, <== Seen my avatar? ;) I too was using EMG's for about 8 years while I was in a Metallica tribute, I liked 'em, a lot of peeps scoff at them but for what we do they're excellent, and they cut through like a mo-fo :D. What model is your white RR btw?
My white one is a Jackson Pro Series RR3. I’ve got a few Ozzy guitars I use in the band. I have a Jake E Lee Blueburst Charvel replica as well that is not pictured.
FD4972E1-8585-4969-8580-2313025CA835.jpeg

Funny , this thread brought me back to my youth. One of my early guitar purchases was in fact a Jackson V , just like the ones you are buying. Mine was candy apple red , and I painted it bright yellow. Black hardware. Around 14 coats. First guitar I ever painted too. Still have it. I took it to an auto body shop , and had them put a nice clear coat on it afterwards. Used it to do some nice solo work once. Sounded great.

My white one is a Jackson Pro Series RR3. I’ve got a few Ozzy guitars I use in the band. I have a Jake E Lee Blueburst Charvel replica as well that is not pictured.

Nice guitars! How that white Charvel play? and how's the Zack sound with the EMG's?

Hey I got a pic like that... or two
IMG_0989 - Version 2.jpg
Kind of a crappy photo but it's the only one I've got of some of these guitars...
IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0121.JPG
There's a side shot of the EXTERMINATE! KV2, The back is really cool with lightning all over it. Hopefully I'll have it back in a couple weeks.
IMG_0152.JPG gwiymxl4sn1oknms4nlc.jpg Hey where'd that come from? That's not my guitar ;o)
Sorry sometimes I get carried away... and I still gotta go back and fix all the pictures in the Eventful Morning thread, and it's a NGD! Actually it was of couple days ago! I gotta get crackin' :eek:! And a guitar and a battery powered amp to buy... It's just another Manic Monday, btw, don'tcha just love Susanna Hoffs?
hoffs-60s.jpg
OMG, I think my heart just stopped....
I know her best like this:
4c0627ee28cf50d3b66a61bfb4e1a80b.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:
images

:D:D Uuuh hey baby, wanna check out my guitar?
https://www.google.com/search?q=sus...AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=548#imgrc=8ywHJk2Ns_ELdM:

…….and the Chrome WINS, 13 to 2, like a Cubs game score ;). Cubs win of course. Sought it, thought it, bought it! Hopefully it'll get shipped today :D.

Many thanks to everyone that helped in the decision process, I'll miss the 1.75 nut width, but I get an ebony fretboard. "Cuz your so smooth."

Back
Top Bottom