Rhetorical Question About the Avengers

I miss Agent Carter. Why did they have to discontinue that series?

She had more character and charisma than all these super-heroes with unscientific powers

Reactions: jon
1. Because it's cool
2. Because it wouldn't be cool
3. Because he's still cool even when he does this
4. No, he's cool
5. Because it's cool

Naaaah, you have to switch your brain off when you watch any superhero stuff, or any sci-fi or fantasy. Regarding the final big battle in Endgame, I always thought to myself "one heavy infantry batallion lined up in front with machine guns, a tank batallion right behind, and an M109 Howitzer 155mm gun batallion right behind, and then let them run towards you…" Still I enjoyed thoroughly how Cap lifted Mjolnir, Thor said "I knew it", and all the rest of the epic shebang!

Same goes with the Walking Dead. Every time Negan would show up in Alexandria, where they still had some dynamite, I wondered why they did not just put a few explosives on the road where they always stop their trucks in front of the gate and blow him up. Would have been so easy. Heck, their fighting tactics are hilariously bad, in general. Still I love watching it. Gotta separate logic, reason and reality from entertainment.

Last edited:
You have to use your child-level imagination (which is in ways superior) to enjoy many of these movies. There are a lot of parallels with reality and future realities because a lot of sci-fi writers are such tech nerds, or maybe they spark an idea that draws people to that place eventually?

Every thought and action we have comes from the same universe that's governed by mathematics and laws we don't quit yet understand, so all things are linked and come from the same system as everything else. If all matter in the universe came from something smaller than the head of a pin, everything is probably entangled, although we may never grasp the complexity of it all. o_O

Since we've been isolating ourselves I've found time to catch up on some of the blockbuster movies that have come out over the last 5-10 years. Today I watched the first Avengers movie. I have some questions:

1. Why did they need a flying aircraft carrier? What can a flying aircraft carrier do that a regular aircraft carrier and maybe some reconnaissance planes or a few satellites can't do, aside from burning copious amounts of fuel holding a a billion ton object aloft and being incredibly dangerous?

2. When they first raise the flying aircraft carrier out of the water why don't the people standing right next to the turbines get sucked in? Surely the amount of vacuum required to lift a billion ton object would suck in any objects in the near vicinity.

3. Why does the guy who plays Capt. America walk around like he has a stick up his butt? Is it a side-effect of the chemical enhancement?

4. Is Jeremy Renner the worst actor in the world or does that distinction still go to Norman Fell and/or Pauly Shore?

5. Why do the laws of physics not apply inside Iron Man's suit? Just because he's wearing a suit doesn't mean that hitting the ground at 200 mph shouldn't cause massive internal injuries and brain trauma due to the g-forces.

These types of questions are why my wife doesn't like to watch movies with me.

WESTWORLD Season 3 is here :gun:🤠

With that sci-fi series you will not waste time wondering about scientific questions. Just sit back and enjoy!

I know this is kind of off topic here, but I don't get why none of the Batman movies that have come out have comic balloon sound effects. Batman isn't Batman without seeing Pow! and Bam! and things like that in the fight scenes.
Showing your age there, man. :D (And I agree with you. I think it'd be hilarious to see the Dark Knight with cartoon sound effect balloons.)

Showing your age there, man. :D (And I agree with you. I think it'd be hilarious to see the Dark Knight with cartoon sound effect balloons.)
Ummm.... I only know what my grandfather showed me in ancient reruns??? Yeah, that's the ticket. LOL

Back
Top Bottom