RHCP UNPLUGGED at halftime show

Keg8605

Power User
Not surprised but they are such a great live band. Wonder if they fought about this at all. I mean I knew Bruno Mars horn players weren't live...Live Music is fading more and more
ega8yhag.jpg
ne6azesa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's making the rounds. How do I feel about this. Meh. American bandstand, award shows, Midnight special, etc have been doing this for ever and ever. Whitney Houston National Anthem prerecorded. This is what we call the Music Business and putting your best foot forward. It sucks, but so does running out of gas on the freeway.

Way back in the 90's my buddy had a guitar with a wireless transmitter built in to the control cavity. Normal jack from the outside, if you plugged into the jack it would switch off the wireless.

Just sayin. Much more likely it wasn't live, but really who cares. It was just quick flashy visual spectacle, a shortened version of one song. Not worth the trouble to produce live. Even if they did, does anyone doubt that Flea would have nailed it, same as he always does?

Way back in the 90's my buddy had a guitar with a wireless transmitter built in to the control cavity. Normal jack from the outside, if you plugged into the jack it would switch off the wireless.

That's an excellent idea! :) Time for one or two custom modifications.....

Im pretty sure after the Janet Jackson fiasco, the NFL and FCC are pretty crazy about the half time show and want control over as much as possible.

Nope definitely not. Just wonder if it was something that bothered them at all. I agree too, I can understand why a show like that would be all tracked/prerecorded.

Just sad and pathetic.
If you don't view this as a cancer in the very industry we try to thrive in, I'm so sorry.
Also, I just can't help the feeling that this is just a symptom of a much larger and deeper issue.
At this point mediocrity is tipping the scales over. And the sheep just bah bah'd and cheered along.
:(

the way RHCP's guitar player was jumping around,there's no way he was playing anything relevant.was it a seizure,or did he have a scorpion in his boxers?

they could have cooled it up and come out with blow up party guitars and cock socks.:)

Was very obvious they were playing to tracks. The guitar player was swinging his guitar around like a maniac, and absolutely could not play the parts that we were hearing, based on where his hands were (and how the guitar was flying around).
I felt like he was doing that just to be spiteful that they (probably weren't allowed to) play live.
Agreed....like an Airheads moment.

I to outloud commented on the guitar player no way was playing that solo live swinging around like crzy. Bruno was pretty good on drums

They should of got Black Sabbath and had them play Supernaut live for the Superbowl. That would really have rocked.

Oh, and more lasers; they could always use more lasers for the half-time show.

They should of got Black Sabbath and had them play Supernaut live for the Superbowl. That would really have rocked.

Oh, and more lasers; they could always use more lasers for the half-time show.
Sharon would have MADE Ozzy lip sync to be trendy.

Back
Top Bottom