Rewire power supply for 220V?

Philip34

Experienced
Guys, I'm moving from 110v to 220v, and a couple of my things are good for both, but my amps and several other electronics aren't 220v. I have step up/down transformers, but I'd love to not need them.

Any know how to rewire power supplies to 220, and the necessary parts & tools?

That sounds super dangerous to me. To me, if you have to ask the question how to do it, you shouldn’t do it.

The only thing I would recommend is to replace to power supply. For low powered things (effects pedal 9V adapters and similar) it should be easy enough to find 220V replacements. And for bigger things you’ll probably have to contact an authorised repair centre. I bought an amp from the US (I'm in Australia) and before getting it I contacted a local authorised repair centre and when the amp turned up they replaced the power supply in the amp with a 220V equivalent. Still way cheaper than buying it locally in Australia.

Same country, different voltage. I've been in Rio de Janeiro, but I'm moving further south, where it's 220v.

One of the very few countries whose govt was dumb enough to have different voltages between the northern & southern halves of the country.

Back
Top Bottom