Implemented REVV Red & Purple

Why dont you guys asking j above (not FAS) just email
Kyle from Revv or ask on their facebook page ,he helped L6 i believe
This... Line 6 have pretty much the same requirements to model something that @FractalAudio does; so I would suspect that Revv may be one of those makers who sees an upside to the exposure of being modeled by a big name rather than looks at it as competition.

Speaking of amp designers named Kyle a KSR amp would be amazing. Kyle Rhodes seems like one of those folks who might provide collateral. I remember Doug Henning of Henning Cherry Bomb fame had mentioned he would be amenable to providing stuff at one point. He created KPA profiles of one of his amps and gave them away, IIRC.

Some cool makers out there. I do understand Cliff not wanting to run around and chase down every amp under the sun but now that he has some staff for the FM3 maybe that will free up some bandwidth....

As always, we appreciate the consistent support and updates, regardless of what makes the cut. We're hardly hurting for choice but still love the models.

This... Line 6 have pretty much the same requirements to model something that @FractalAudio does; so I would suspect that Revv may be one of those makers who sees an upside to the exposure of being modeled by a big name rather than looks at it as competition.

Speaking of amp designers named Kyle a KSR amp would be amazing. Kyle Rhodes seems like one of those folks who might provide collateral. I remember Doug Henning of Henning Cherry Bomb fame had mentioned he would be amenable to providing stuff at one point. He created KPA profiles of one of his amps and gave them away, IIRC.

Some cool makers out there. I do understand Cliff not wanting to run around and chase down every amp under the sun but now that he has some staff for the FM3 maybe that will free up some bandwidth....

As always, we appreciate the consistent support and updates, regardless of what makes the cut. We're hardly hurting for choice but still love the models.

yep I had a KSR amp nice
and Kyle is a very nice guy that i could see be open to helping out

Henning Amps are cool as well
and if he provided an amp sample and schematic that would be great

So, are the Rev amps any good?

Yeaaah, the precision of a 5150 without the bees, and the low end of a recto but it never ever ever gets loose, gain knob completely maxed and it's just as articulate as gain knob on 1, master volume cranked and it doesn't come to pieces, it's idealist perfection in gain staging / filtering, absolutely perfect, flawless, at any ridiculous setting combination you try to make, it always sounds amazing

Revv guys said on a livestream just now that it's in the works, but they keep forgetting to do the work to ship Fractal an amp and the paperwork to license it. So it's supposed to happen, Revv is down for it, but they need to remember to actually send Cliff the amp.

Last edited:
Revv guys said on a livestream just now that it's in the works, but they keep forgetting to do the work to ship Fractal and amp and the paperwork to license it. So it's supposed to happen, Revv is down for it, but they need to remember to actually send Cliff the amp.
Doesn't that seem unlikely?

When the youtube livestream ends if the publish an archive of it, I can get the timestamp and send it, but Revv said the holdup is on them getting the paperwork together and actually sending Cliff an amp.
Ok then. I suppose shipping amps isn't really a core skill they'd need to have there ;)

It would be cool if it happened.

Ok then. I suppose shipping amps isn't really a core skill they'd need to have there ;)

It would be cool if it happened.

Haha, well when you put it like that it does sound ridiculous, that's fair.

If I were to take a guess at a more detailed answer it's probably a combination of:
a) they're having a very crazy year, they're growing quickly, hiring lots of new people, and working very hard to keep up with demand.
b) getting their amp in a modeller isn't a core goal for their business, probably just a nice thing to do on the side to help get their brand out there. But if they're already growing like crazy and having trouble keeping up with orders it's not like they need the extra advertising at the moment.
c) it's not just shipping an amp, but as Cliff mentioned above they'd also have to get him the schematics and other helpful information to make it easy for him to model it.
and d) they're not just shipping an amp, but licensing fractal to use their real name on it. They said no money changed hands for their Helix deal, so likely they aren't looking to be paid here either, but licensing your trademark is still a legal operation that involves lawyers drawing up paperwork, etc. and that all takes time too.

So it sounds like they're crazy busy, and it's a couple more steps than just putting an amp in a box and shipping it to get it all done. I'd understand if goal 1 for them is shipping amps to paying customers and hiring to keep up with demand, and getting everything together to get a fractal model keeps getting put off.

I just thought it was cool to have them confirm it's in the works, but still needs them to finish things on their end to make it happen.

Dissappointing - they also mentioned having their amp(s) modelled by Fractal in their Christmas special livestream I watched almost 4-5 months ago now - so its obviously not a hi priority. The "we just haven't gotten around to a few details bla bla" type speak always kinda ticks me off a little - if they are only 1/2 interested why keep mentioning it unless serious interest develops.

Last edited:
I will say I am the guy saying no more amp models. Not needed. But the Revv line has been ear-triguing to me and would welcome it. "I NOW RENOUNCE MY STATEMENT OF NO MORE AMP MODELS NEEDED!" I feel better.....let's do this.

Back
Top Bottom