Implemented REVV Red & Purple

Revv is doing one of their "Gear and Beer" live Youtube events this evening (announcing a new gate pedal) - I took the opportunity to ask them in the chat if they've sent anything over to Fractal yet - they said: no, apologies for the late action on this, soon.

Really want to try the revv amps and driftwood purple nightmare.

Have heard really good things about them.

Not that i struggle with any high gain tones, i am able to create whatever sound i want already.

But having these amps would be lovely. Tired of EVH,PVH , and all other main stream high gain amps. Have played enough on fas skull crusher amp as well to be really damn bored of it. Archon is what i use lately .

Last edited:
Really want to try the revv amps and driftwood purple nightmare.

Have heard really good things about them.

Not that i struggle with any high gain tones, i am able to create whatever sound i want already.

But having these amps would be lovely. Tired of EVH,PVH , and all other main stream high gain amps. Have played enough on fas skull crusher amp as well to be really damn bored of it. Archon is what i use lately .

Both the Revv and Driftwood are heavily 6505 derived amps. The driftwood in particular I know is very very close to a 6505. The difference is it has mega sexy cosmetic options as well as the built in tube screamer.

If you are looking for the high gain tones of these amps and not the other features they provide, we have very very similar things in the box.

Most of the boutique metal amps coming out these days seem to me like, modified 6505s, SLO’s etc. And we guitar players get extra hooked from the cosmetic options.

If you are bored I’m not sure what advice to give. I find trying out IRS to be a much more rewarding experience than going through every high gain model.

The revv amps will come to the axe eventually though.

I have a Rev Generator 120 MK3 amp. It is absolutely amazing! If that model ever came to the Fractal, I'd be hard pressed to keep the amp just because of how great and how incredibly close the Fractal models are to the real amps. While some say it is derived from the 5150, that is fine...I've had plenty of those amps over the years. Thing thing has its own outstanding voice and sounds a lot better than anything I have owned in the past.

One can only hope at some point.

The Generator is definitely not based on 5150, and Revv put this discussion to bed a while ago on one of their livestreams with Dan, their amp designer.

I use my FM9 in 4CM with my Generator mk3 for live work. Works killer.

Well a few weeks ago on Revv's livestream they said they want to get them in the fractal and even a neural plugin but they've been so busy. Man it would be so great to be able to get all 4 channels of the Mk3 120

Well a few weeks ago on Revv's livestream they said they want to get them in the fractal and even a neural plugin but they've been so busy. Man it would be so great to be able to get all 4 channels of the Mk3 120
Still saying that are they - as they have been saying in a number of their live streams a number of times over the past 1-2 years - as me mum used to say "shit r get off the pot"

Back
Top Bottom