"Revive" - New "Jazz/Mathrock/Djent" (?) song (Stratocaster, sax, and a few others)

clems6belio

Hey guys ! Didn't post a new thread for months, this time I come with a song, an experiment for me. I like jazz, especially contemporary jazz, so here I tried to get something original, between jazz, mathrock, progressive metal, world music ? Dunnno... Whatever the genre, I tried to get something I would like to listen first.

I used a lot of virtual instrument too, like cello, contrabass, bazantar, various percussions, piano etc... The only REAL ones are the saxophone, bass, guitars (nylon and stratocaster), some percussions.
I played and recorded ALL the parts, mainly with my piano (except for the drums with my e-kit, as I'm firstly drummer).

There's actually not that much use of my Axe FX II here but, the important result is the music right ?
So, mainly, the unit was used at the end of the song, the most "metal" part of it. I have an 8 strings guitar, and an ibanez, but I decided it would be could if I used my father's stratocaster instead, even for the high gain parts haha.
And DAMN, this guitar is SO fuc**** colorful !! I like it so much hehe.

So, I have a lot to say about this song but monologues can be boring sometimes. Here you can listen it :

...and if you have remarks, questions, or anything else to say, go on :)

Man, no one said anything on this?? I dig it. Reminds me some of the sound of David Binney's The Luxury of Guessing. In some ways, it smokes everything here.

really great composition, and nice use of various instruments.
Also, nice job of engineering and mixing.

I usually skip any recordings in this section that have the word "djent" in the title :)
I'm glad I listened to this!

You took me on a really nice journy. For me the high points is the first 2:25 sec. and especially the part with the strings (cello?) and how you bring it down with a loose feeling at ca 4:30. The last part when the electric guitar comes forward don't really makes sense to me - but that's me - would rather have had the sax stay in the foreground.

Like your drumming very much!

Nicely done Clem.
Did you check out that track by Eddie Vedder and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan or Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Because one of the melodic ideas with the piano and the saxophone sounds exactly like the same vocal melody line from
the track "Pyar Bina". I am not sure if you intended to do so but if so then kudos,it goes really well with the composition. Beautiful
ideas,playing and composition.

As always nice track, I hear the Pat Metheny soundalike in the middle section, but no Lyle Mays :D as claham says the drumming is good but unlike him I like the heavy guitar at the end and the Strat sounds very good.

I'm also one of those who tend to skip anything with Djent on its title, but this is amazing. Great sounds. Love the sax textures!
Can't say I am a fan of how the "djenty" part sounds, but I like the riffs and so on.

Great job man!

Haha thanks guys ! Glad you dig it !
And criticism (which can be good or not) is always appreciated !

Did you check out that track by Eddie Vedder and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan or Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Mmh no, I didn't know those guys haha, but I'll check this out for sure !

The last part when the electric guitar comes forward don't really makes sense to me - but that's me - would rather have had the sax stay in the foreground.

Yeah, it's a littl' disjointed, but I just would to put this riff in haha, even if it is like... a second song. Just an (awkward) pretext to finish in an heavy way :)

Haha thanks guys ! Glad you dig it !
And criticism (which can be good or not) is always appreciated !

Mmh no, I didn't know those guys haha, but I'll check this out for sure !

Yeah, it's a littl' disjointed, but I just would to put this riff in haha, even if it is like... a second song. Just an (awkward) pretext to finish in an heavy way :)

You may not understand the language as its "Urdu" but check out that track.

Eddie Vedder made an attempt to sing it in Urdu as well,Eddie Vedder is from Pearl Jam.

I think you'll find that vocal melody interesting :). But great job man,loved the composition.

I got the feeling of digging it man, I actually drifted off somewhere with it. Sounded great to me I love music so much. Thanks for sharing.

THAT IS the best thing I've heard in here!!!! I had so much fun listen to this!!!! So much thanks for sharing this!:encouragement:

cheers
Paco

PS: Where is the multiple-like button?

Back
Top Bottom