REVISED - Cliff's Factory Preset Bank A - Axe-Fx II - Quantum 8.01

There were a few things in the first release that warranted changing. I don't have all the details, but these are the "latest and greatest."

Grateful bank A preset user here; so I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I leverage these heavily so that I have a huge, usable "amp collection". I loaded the prior release and have been working since then to change some of the routings X/Y states, drive tweaks and build out 5 scenes to suit. Made it through most all Fenders, Plexis, HiWatts, Komets, CA's, some of the FAS Models, etc.

Would be great to know if Cliff just simply pulled some blocks (TM, Rotary) to save on CPU (as hinted earlier), or something more detailed. It will be a ton of work for me to go back and rework - which I'm willing to do if there are tone-related, detailed edits, but if it was just "clean-up" I can do those bits and save a lot of time. Any further help here @FractalAudio?

Grateful bank A preset user here; so I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I leverage these heavily so that I have a huge, usable "amp collection". I loaded the prior release and have been working since then to change some of the routings X/Y states, drive tweaks and build out 5 scenes to suit. Made it through most all Fenders, Plexis, HiWatts, Komets, CA's, some of the FAS Models, etc.

Would be great to know if Cliff just simply pulled some blocks (TM, Rotary) to save on CPU (as hinted earlier), or something more detailed. It will be a ton of work for me to go back and rework - which I'm willing to do if there are tone-related, detailed edits, but if it was just "clean-up" I can do those bits and save a lot of time. Any further help here @FractalAudio?

That's all I did. Removed the TM block in those presets that had it and removed the Rotary in one preset that was using too much CPU. Otherwise everything is the same.

Dont forget you can also use Axe-Edit to manage presets and import/ drag them individually or as a selection anywhere you want, as I did, starting my new bank A presets after my fremen 5-scenes at position 90, just selected all and dragged em over.

Just got home, loaded the new file (as desired to the B Bank), it worked! Perhaps one of the not mentioned fixes (?).

Whatever the case, totally worth the wait. Already 30+ minutes in, sounds killer so far...! Great Job!

Many thanks!

Have always liked the stock presets.

Probably oddball question.
Has the overdrive on ODS Lead always been at 9.99?
Maybe I just noticed that.

Sounds good.
I still like the Bludotone one best though.

Thanks!!

Thank you guys. The Q2 presets were truly a joy to play with...after the 7.xx firmware they were kinda screwy...
I've only played with the Brit 800 preset on this set...but it is truly badass. Worth the price of admission for sure.

Updated Bank B with these presets a couple hours ago and I seriously haven't made it passed the first one yet. Rolled back my volume knob a little and I'm enjoying some clean with a little dirt. Thanks so much for the revision. I didn't really care for 65 Bassguy before; or maybe I didn't give it enough time.

Last edited:
Again, as I've mentioned several times... I have done this.
Try to re download the file or uninstall fractal bot and reinstall it again ... is your pedalboard connected ? AE running ?
Sometimes softwares stops to work correctoy in whatever device ( happened to me few times ) .
Just as final try ... if you unistall FBot , reboot your PC before reinstalling ... hope it helps

What I noticed (and maybe it's "Pure Imagination") is the levels on all 128 patches are pretty consistent and none of them were too hot.There's no red l.e.d.s here!
Plus they really sound freakin' great !
Thanks Fractal Universe !

This was the preset with some of the effects. Try removing chorus and roto
Post your preset.

Ok .. play it first then remove inactive effects chorus and roto

Attachments

• BRIT 800 34 wayne Q8.01.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom