Revised Bagpipes Patch v19

It's a CPU-intensive patch, but it's running a pretty steady 92% on my machine, with USB connected. I'm not sure why yours is running 5% more.

Try replacing the Reverb block with a shunt to keep lower the CPU load.

A couple of notes:

- This preset uses the Synth block, so you need to be playing cleanly, one note at a time. Chords won't work.

- The preset uses the Volume parameter of the Vol/Pan block to turn the drone up and down. You'll need to assign that parameter to an expression pedal or CC switch that you have available, or unassign it and turn it up.

Thanks Mark, been loving this preset for a while now! It always cracks people up at this Irish Pub we play every other month. I set it up so that scene #1 has no drone and the other scenes have some key changes for the drone. The drone slowly fades in or out when leaving from or returning to scene #1.

Hi Moke, would you mind sharing your patch aswell, as I don't know how to change some keys :eagerness:

You guys will get a kick out of this. Me doing my solo after too many beers and tequila shots. I almost fall down at one point and my tech has to come up and switch me to my bagpipe setting because I couldn't figure it out. The club is small and I could only get one cab on stage with my rack but it was a fun party!
[video]https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfp1/v/t42.1790-2/10977273_10204938475215069_1897050865_n.mp4?efg=ey JybHIiOjM2OSwicmxhIjoxMTYxfQ%3D%3D&rl=369&vabr=205&oh=96d5f7b519367237cb5b5f8e8a3de659&oe=55BC1E4D[/video]

It must have been a very weird evening. Here's what Facebook has to say about the video:

Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Strange, its works on my laptop but not on my phone. Oh well, I'm not that impressive anyway.

It must have been a very weird evening. Here's what Facebook has to say about the video:

Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Hey guys,

I've had a few guys asking for an updated version of the Bagpipes patch I made (about 3 years ago).
Here it is for Firmware 19.

Patch:

Awesome sounding patch! I haven't checked it out on Axe-Edit yet, but would it be difficult to change the drone note from A to D?

Hey guys,

I've had a few guys asking for an updated version of the Bagpipes patch I made (about 3 years ago).
Here it is for Firmware 19.

Patch:

Hi Mark....You are a gentleman & a scholar sir!!!! This is such fun when I use one of my guitars with an in built Fernandez sustainer..then the " pipes"
are singing...Thanks everso for all your help..

Cheers
John Butler

If you change the frequency on the drone Synth Block for all 3 voices to about 488Hz, it will be D. :)

Great! Thanks for the cool patch and reply. I have to play Copperhead Road for a wedding this month, and this patch is just perfect for the intro. Thanks again for posting it.

Hi Mark....You are a gentleman & a scholar sir!!!! This is such fun when I use one of my guitars with an in built Fernandez sustainer..then the " pipes"
are singing...Thanks everso for all your help..

Cheers
John Butler
*urrrrp*
pass us another luggie o' that haggis?

Back
Top Bottom