Reverse MIDI pedal polarity

pessimist101

I hooked up a cheapo midi controller (digitech control8) I had lying around to my Axe-FX II. Everything works smoothly and I finally worked out how to get the pedal to work through the I/O menu (kind of a noob to this kind of thing). However, when I assign the midi pedal to, say, a wah the polarity is flipped... Toe is 0 and heel is 127. I can correct this in the wah parameters of the patch in axe-edit by going to the wah -> control -> Start 100% End 0% but this is frustrating and I'd have to do this any time I want to use a wah pedal properly on any patch. Is there a simple option to reverse the polarity/sweep of the pedal? Preferably through software as this is a midi pedal and will therefore be a little more complex than swapping two wires over (instead of a potentiometer it actually uses some sort of LED to figure out the distance of the pedal from the board to determine the position.

Thanks in advance.

There's no way to correct for that on the Axe-FX. Did you calibrate the pedal recently? I'm wondering if moving it oppositely from the instructions could cause what you described. Or maybe intentionally doing the opposite could reverse the values, but that's just a guess.

If it can't be solved at the controller, the Axe front panel Recall - Effect function or copy & paste in Axe-Edit could be used to bring your adjusted wah settings (with reversed modifier slope) into other presets without too much trouble.

Is it an external expression pedal or built in the midi pedal?

Some external pedals have a polarity switch. Otherwise, you can open the pedal rewire the pot or jack in a few minutes assuming you can solder.

Edit:

Just looked up the device and it's very minimal manual... I guess you could try re-calibration as suggested already.

There's no way to correct for that on the Axe-FX. Did you calibrate the pedal recently? I'm wondering if moving it oppositely from the instructions could cause what you described. Or maybe intentionally doing the opposite could reverse the values, but that's just a guess.

If it can't be solved at the controller, the Axe front panel Recall - Effect function or copy & paste in Axe-Edit could be used to bring your adjusted wah settings (with reversed modifier slope) into other presets without too much trouble.

Calibration? How do I get there? I've literally never calibrated any of my pedals lol

Tried calibrating it in reverse and to no avail. What's even weirder is that the pedal says it's reading toe as 127 and heel as 0
oh well, guess I'll just stick to copy and pasting my reversed wah effects in - it's not like I use them very often anyway and I don't use the expression pedal for anything else.

Back
Top Bottom