Reverse Delay Problem

Thanks, good to know I can replicate the 2290 settings.

I presume the idea is that that if I can accomplish a true reverse only delay with the reverse D1 into D2 dual it would be the simplest?

Here is what I was working with to start:

Attachments

• 7 Azonic.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi Bakerman, thanks again for all your help. I've got almost everything working as I intended, but now I need to get the same amount of dry signal on the left/reverse side as the right, without letting any dry through the reverse as it will get turned around again, as you pointed out. How can I get the same wet dry ratios on both sides? I tried running a cable from the cab block all the way to the vol/pan, but it was too loud and I could see no way to adjust the dry signal precisely.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 6.57.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 6.57.02 PM.png
    427.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 6.56.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 6.56.53 PM.png
    396 KB · Views: 2
You'll need to shunt the upper path's dry signal around the delay blocks. I forgot to include that in the last example routing.

The amp blocks would probably be the best place to adjust dry levels. I'd set delay 2 to 50% mix and adjust its Level L & Level R values as needed. The reverse delay block level will be the master delay level for that amp. Delay 2 Level L will set the relative level of later repeats.

You'll need to shunt the upper path's dry signal around the delay blocks. I forgot to include that in the last example routing.

The amp blocks would probably be the best place to adjust dry levels. I'd set delay 2 to 50% mix and adjust its Level L & Level R values as needed. The reverse delay block level will be the master delay level for that amp. Delay 2 Level L will set the relative level of later repeats.

Ok, I think I understand. So I don’t need a vol/pan for the dry left signal coming from the cab, right? I also want to be able to use my expression pedal to bring up/down the wet delay level. Is that still possible by just routing the pedal to D2 master mix?

No extra vol/pan needed as long as you balance the dry signal left somehow (amp, cab, output mixer). D2 mix can adjust overall delay level, or use input gain to let existing trails decay normally. You can delete one of the paths from D2 to output block and keep the remaining path's row balance centered.

Thanks again, I balanced the amps dry, with the delay blocks muted. But when I put the D blocks back in, very strange things happen. I can hear the L dry signal, but I do not see it in the horizontal meters, and the L repeats are louder than the R repeats.

Attachments

• 7 Azonic.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
I found the source of the reverse delay rising in volume, accidentally had the output in that block at 9db! But still have the same problem, I can her the dry signal on the left but the meter says its not there. I think it's the same balance as with the D blocks muted, but not sure without the meters and everything going on..

There's Amp 1 dry signal at Out 2 but not Out 1 with that routing. Route like this instead:

hUGvpOJ.png

OK great, I see the dry signal on the meters now. But still having balance problems, L side is quieter with Delays in. Any ideas?

I think that helped, but I have a problem I still can’t figure out. When I am playing into the delays the left side gets louder and when I cut off input the left side gets much quieter and the right side gets louder it’s like a seesaw. I keep trying to adjust levels upstream, downstream, nothing seems to make any difference.

It sounds like you need to adjust delay settings. The left delay seems quieter with feedback too low to match the right decay rate.

I have tried that, it didn’t seem to make much of a difference, weird. I’m going to a try to attenuate the L dry signal going around the left delay block maybe I can balance it that way with a mixer block

Back
Top Bottom