Bug? Reverse delay backwards/forwards

Talus

Inspired
I'm really not sure if this is a bug or not, but for some reason the Reverse Delay setting will alternate between reverse delay and normal. Basically if you use a long delay and play up a scale, the delay will play down the scale than back up and so forth.

As far as I understand it a reverse delay should only play backwards? Am I missing something here?

you're talking about long decay settings, right ? it's always behaved like that and eventhough I was curious about the reason behind it myself before, I put it down to being designed like that. all my other Reverse Delays actually don't do it this way.

i think this is a bug. it never used to do that. i'm pretty sure i reported this some time ago, as well

i think this is a bug. it never used to do that. i'm pretty sure i reported this some time ago, as well
I don't recall a 100% if it's been like that or recently happened, as I usually don't use any repeats on the Reverse and then it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Seems to me, if you are using feedback, the reversed delay fed back into the reverse delay would produce a forward delay, which when fed back would produce a reverse delay, and so on.

Nice observation. Not the way most reverse delays handle feedback, but a change to the routing of the feedback would explain what's happening.

Seems to me, if you are using feedback, the reversed delay fed back into the reverse delay would produce a forward delay, which when fed back would produce a reverse delay, and so on.

Yup. That's what's happening. And honestly: I always thought it made sense to do it like that. Though, now that I think about it, my superdelay's reverse setting doesn't do this. The signal stays reversed.

Back
Top Bottom