Wish Reversable delay

simeon

Axe-Master
could we have a new delay type that allows the user to freely change the direction of playback?

the current reverse delay only works when "run" is enabled - when run is off, there is no delay

i'm suggesting a regular mono or stereo delay that has a "direction" parameter (modifiable) that changes the direction of playback

it doesn't have to work like the current reverse delay, where audio goes into a buffer and then appears reversed...the direction parameter would just change the direction of any repeats currently sounding. hope that makes sense.

i'd like to be able to create delay repeats that run forwards or backwards, depending on the state of a controller

one workaround would be to add a forward kill button to the current reverse day, that would be on by default. this would maintain the current behaviour, but with forward kill turned off, the delay would work just like a regular mono delay. you could then use the "run" parameter (i think) to switch the direction of the repeats.

i've currently been getting around it by using two delay blocks in parallel - one regular and one reverse and switching between them by alternately bypassing them with "mute out" engaged, or setting the level to zero, but it's a bit clunky

That sounds crazy...imagine if you could do it with tape delay and get the ramp down then reverse play while the head is still recording/playing, what a mess that would be

i've currently been getting around it by using two delay blocks in parallel - one regular and one reverse and switching between them by alternately bypassing them with "mute out" engaged, or setting the level to zero, but it's a bit clunky

Instead of alternate muting you could set up a crossfader with the mixer and some modifiers, that way the reverse is already eating what you were playing and you can crossfade it in

Back
Top Bottom