Reverend Guitars

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone have any experience with Reverend Guitars? My local guitar shop recently started carrying them and they seem pretty nice for the price range. Their designs are very refreshing and remind me a lot of what builders such as Novo Guitars and others are currently doing.

I’m really digging their take on the T-style body, the Trickshot. It’s specced out pretty well for around $1,000.

294A0862-3D01-4D2E-A0A5-56FF162F7D03.png
https://www.reverendguitars.com

I know the guitar player from the Guano Apes used to play them before their breakup. But he switched to Les Pauls and other brands after their their reunion. Their guitar bodies seem kinda meh, but I dig their take on the Fender Strat headstock a hell of a lot better then Suhr's.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I have a Reverend Tricky Gomez and it's a great guitar. If I were to let aesthetics dictate my purchasing decisions I'd probably have passed on it. But I was looking for a guitar with a gretschy vibe and stumbled upon some reviews and clips of this guitar, they were quite impressive.

The hardware and controls they use are better than most at the price point. They appear to be well thought out and no corners cut in this area. The build quality is very good and it is the only Bigsby equipped guitar I've owned that actually stays in tune when used, the roller bridge is stock. The bass contour control is pretty cool and the guitar plays quite nicely as well. It's one of only four guitars I've ever owned that I haven't modified or replaced parts on.

1578487026556.png

They are well built guitars. Maybe a tad over priced but that is up to you to decide. If I had a beef it would be the necks are too thin of a profile. But, if you like a thin neck, they are nice.

Back
Top Bottom