Reverb - Tips, Tricks and Favourites

Axe-Master
This is just skimming the surface, but the main aim of this video revolves around
-different reverb types (room, hall, chamber, plate etc)
-different variations on these types (small, medium, large and other variations)
-which parameters to tweak once you've got the mix and time set
-some of my favourite varieties

Everyone like their reverb in a different way, so please feel free to weigh in on how you use 'verb, share blocks/presets and which parameters you like to tweak.

EDIT: It was just pointed out to me that the input gain was set at 69% instead of 100%. There's no reason for this, I must have accidentally scrolled over it and adjusted it.

Last edited:
EDIT: It was just pointed out to me that the input gain was set at 69% instead of 100%. There's no reason for this, I must have accidentally scrolled over it and adjusted it.
LOL been there!! "Man so interesting that you did this and such. That must be the secret to the tone! What's the reason behind that?" Um...I screwed up, that's the reason.

If I’m remembering correctly, I had to turn down the early reflections on the stock presets when I was trying to emulate studio reverbs like the Eventide, lexicon and bricasti.

@2112 ...thanks for this tutorial...I was investigating the theory to get a more in depth understanding of how to set up the verbs correctly. This tutorial covers this basic info on pre-delay time and eq quite well and is essential to get that sound. Somehow I don’t think a user should proceed with these presets without getting grounded on this tutorial. So thank you sir... :)

Leon, what cab did you use ? It sounds great. Thanks
Probably a 4119/313 mix from the York Audio 1x12 Deluxe Cab pack.

@2112 ...thanks for this tutorial...I was investigating the theory to get a more in depth understanding of how to set up the verbs correctly. This tutorial covers this basic info on pre-delay time and eq quite well and is essential to get that sound. Somehow I don’t think a user should proceed with these presets without getting grounded on this tutorial. So thank you sir... :)

The great thing about the verbs are that they sound great with no tweaking, but if you do need to dial something in or out there's all the options you'd ever need.

Back
Top Bottom