Reverb state when using pedal?

mwd

Power User
I am hoping I can use a pedal to control the mix of reverb and it got me to wondering...

For example say I have 3 presets each with reverb controlled by an expression pedal.

As far as operations I am 'guessing' the preset is in it's stored normal state when pedal is full up and moving the pedal controls the mix?

If so then if I move the pedal to get say 20% less mix and go to the another preset will I also have 20% less mix on that preset or do I have to move the pedal to engage it?

Point being my goal is to cut verbs, across all presets on some indoor gigs and open them up a bit when outdoors. Would like to accomplish that more so globally than per preset.

I am hoping I can use a pedal to control the mix of reverb and it got me to wondering...

For example say I have 3 presets each with reverb controlled by an expression pedal.

As far as operations I am 'guessing' the preset is in it's stored normal state when pedal is full up and moving the pedal controls the mix?

If so then if I move the pedal to get say 20% less mix and go to the another preset will I also have 20% less mix on that preset or do I have to move the pedal to engage it?

Point being my goal is to cut verbs, across all presets on some indoor gigs and open them up a bit when outdoors. Would like to accomplish that more so globally than per preset.
I used to have a controller to do that. It's position was consistent across patches. e.g. if set to 80% full... it would be that way for all patches.

Reactions: mwd
As mentioned above, the Global Reverb Mix (I think that's the name) might be a better solution.

However, if you don't use that option, then yes you can set the pedal modifier to always follow where the pedal position is.

When you create the modifier, set PC Reset to OFF:

2929F6C7-F710-474D-88FD-932EC699CA79.jpeg

Thank you so much. One more question... do these movements either globally, or per preset, actually modify the stored state of the preset? If my reverb is stored at 20% and I move it to 40% with a pedal where is it if I remove the pedal the next time the unit is powered up?

do these movements either globally, or per preset, actually modify the stored state of the preset?

No, they don't modify anything saved with the preset.

For the second question, with PC Reset on it will load the saved value. With PC Reset off it would either use the Ext Ctrl init value (for MIDI CC as Ext Ctrl) or (I think) read an unused FCx or Axe III pedal port as 100%. None of this applies if you were adjusting global reverb mix with no pedal/modifier though.

Back
Top Bottom