Reverb site rant

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
What the F is wrong with Reverb’s newish payout policy?!!!

I used to just get a credit from selling stuff on PayPal but they no longer accept this.

the only way to get your money is to direct link your bank account. It required me to give Reverb my bank login AND PASSWORD via the Plaid app!

Thats it for me. As soon as my payment clears I am canceling my Reverb account and changing my bank password.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Am I being overly dramatic/paranoid?

Been that way for a couple of years as far as I know. I think they did away with the
old Reverb Bucks/Credit when Etsy purchased the platform.

I used to just get a credit from selling stuff on PayPal but they no longer accept this.

the only way to get your money is to direct link your bank account. It required me to give Reverb my bank login AND PASSWORD via the Plaid app!

Thats it for me. As soon as my payment clears I am canceling my Reverb account and changing my bank password.

I recently sold my first item on Reverb, so I am a new Seller (have previously purchased). I didn't have to supply any account log in information, just bank name, routing number, and account number (same as for most employers). I have an old checking account I don't use much and so moved all funds out for use with Reverb. You could easily do the same, just set up a separate account, keep a small amount in it and transfer any funds received from Reverb.

I recently sold my first item on Reverb, so I am a new Seller (have previously purchased). I didn't have to supply any account log in information, just bank name, routing number, and account number (same as for most employers). I have an old checking account I don't use much and so moved all funds out for use with Reverb. You could easily do the same, just set up a separate account, keep a small amount in it and transfer any funds received from Reverb
Same here, separate email and bank account for Reverb and my PayPal. Adds some extra protection if something was hacked/compromised, my main funds would never be at risk.

wow - you are more trusting than me - no way in hell I would provide any organization with my bank login and pw even if it was a dedicated account - this shows that they are a giant security breach just waiting to happen.

I'm pretty sure that is not entirely accurate, though. If that was required (none of which was for me to
have a Reverb account) then there is no way they could actively stay in business as a platform.

I've been using them since they started, and have never given them a login and password. I'd suggest you change that password.

I wonder if you got phished. That's not a reasonable requirement for any real commercial site.

As has been suggested, change that password immediately, there and anywhere else you used it, if any, and watch your bank activity closely for a while.

As many have already mentioned-Seperate bank account with limited funds. For a very long time. That's how I use paypal also.
I don't use reverb to sell but I buy a lot. But I may start selling on reverb. I have so much misc musical and computer stuff I could open a small store.

(Post deleted because I started reading Piing's link and the stuff in there is insane. Currently reassessing my grip on financial reality.)

Back
Top Bottom