Reverb shape settings

Would you like Reverb shape settings?

• Total voters

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
Right now as I understand, one wall size is controlled by the size parameter. I assume the reverb type predetermines the resulting shape (i.e. the ratio of one perpendicular wall to another.

I would like to see an additional parameter to control the dimension or "length" of the other wall to set my own shape.

Is this doable?

Yes, the size parameter controls the width of the short wall. The types then select the ratios between that and the room length and height.

To do what you want would require two control probably: length ratio and height ratio. It's very doable. I'll add it to the list but no guarantees.

Another question:

Are the early reflections computed with a predisposed source/listener position within the virtual room?

AlbertA said:
Another question:

Are the early reflections computed with a predisposed source/listener position within the virtual room?
The physical parameter that most closely tracks position is direct/reverberant ratio, which is what you're setting with the mix parameter. The other physical parameters that vary with position - e.g., lateral fraction, IACC - are not reproducible in a one- or two- channel playback system.

Jay Mitchell said:
AlbertA said:
Another question:

The physical parameter that most closely tracks position is direct/reverberant ratio, which is what you're setting with the mix parameter. The other physical parameters that vary with position - e.g., lateral fraction, IACC - are not reproducible in a one- or two- channel playback system.

Thanks. What about pre-delay? IF you are closer to the source, it should be higher right? If farther away it should be less?

AlbertA said:
Thanks. What about pre-delay? IF you are closer to the source, it should be higher right? If farther away it should be less?
To some extent, yes. The larger the room, the more predelay will vary with distance from the source.

Source and listener positions are fixed as ratios of length, width and height and vary with type. I don't think exposing the S and L positions would really offer that much. I chose the positions based on what are considered optimum positions from various real concert halls.

FractalAudio said:
Source and listener positions are fixed as ratios of length, width and height and vary with type. I don't think exposing the S and L positions would really offer that much. I chose the positions based on what are considered optimum positions from various real concert halls.

Thanks for the info!

Reviving this request, given that the algorithm was revised, maybe this could be introduced?

:mrgreen:

I would second any motion to introduce greater control over the reverb with additional parameters. I'm not very knowledgeable about how the reverb algorithms work, but I know what sounds good and more control would be a good thing IMHO. (but not until after the next firmware revision!)

Back
Top Bottom